How to use Aqara Hub M2 devices in Home Assistant?

Hey there - can this be done when Aqara is paired with HA via HomeKit?

My problem is that the Aqara app loses connectivity & control with the M2 once the HomeKit integration is enabled.

android phone

add m2 to aqara home app
add m2 to ha via HomeKit integration
you can control m2 via aqara home app or ha on the same time.

Is this true? I tried multiple times and it just errors out for me. Can anyone confirm they have matter working with this hub?

1 Like

Yes, it does work. Though Matter is Beta in HA so I’d expect some rough patches.
I only added 2 sensors via M2 hub, a motion sensor and a door sensor. Then I deleted the door sensor from the hub, but it did not disappear from HA. And the motion sensor spopped working in HA at some stage and I had to re-add Matter integration, now I have 2 motion sensors (1 still works, a few weeks later) and the door sensor. Should be fixable by manually clearing the entities but I didn’t bother. I ended up using z2m and HA alarm panel, not the hub in my setup, due to these little glitches with Matter.

Jus FYI, in case if anyone is considering M2 hub. M2 will not support Thread, only Matter. M3 hub will and is expected early 2024.

How though? Every time I try it just goes through the matter set up process and times out. I tried on 4 different phones 2 android and 2 ios, what am I overlooking? Did you just follow the onscreen prompts and it worked?

Yes it just came up in integrations in HA, and I just followed the prompts. Nothing tricky. Probably worth checking if the M2 is upgraded (it is a relatively new feature), but apart from that not sure why it wouldn’t pick it up. If matter is based on multicast, then IGMP snooping has been known to cause issues (just blind guessing).

Hello, I tried exactly that. But when I open HA Homekit Integration, it searches for a moment and then the message “No unpaired devices found” appears.
Does somebody has any idea?

how to force Home Assistant Homekit Controller integration to rediscover entities

I was able to get it to work by adding it to homekit via iPhone, then deleting it from Home and it was discovered by HA along with its sensors.