How to use MiBoxer RGB+CCT Remote Zigbee 3.0 (FUT089Z) with HASS? Getting no zha_event

I have found a nice zigbee remote I would like to use within HASS to switch different actions withing hass.
I am using a rooted Silvercrest Zigbee Gateway from Lidl and already using it with ZHA and several Zigbee lights from Hue and others.
As next step, I want to integrate the FUT089Z as a remote for triggering automations. But the problem is, that I don’t get any zha_event from it when I press a button. I can pair it flawlessly (Pressing on/off for couple of seconds and it will pair), and it even updates its entities (battery, signal, etc.) when I remove the batteries and put them in again.
Is there anything I can do about it?

Is there an alternative living room remote I could use with that many buttons with Zigbee? Maybe BT would also fit.

There is the Miboxer hub, i have it, but i can not connect it to Home Assistant. And now after a few monds I can not use the app, password not correct… and it gives no link to change password.

Getting fut089z into Zigbee on HA yes but no buttons to config.

Hi @bonestaak, I haven’t used my MiLight/MiBoxer hubs in years, since I changed to esp8266_milight_hub, but I remember when logging into them with a web browser the default password was something like 1234 or so .

Possibly something for you to try, if the app - of which there seem to be several different versions around, is giving you problems.

Read the Z2M docs to understand how it works (even though you are on ZHA). It sends direct commands to a hard coded group. Not super useful, except it works even if the coordinator is offline.
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/FUT089Z.html

This doesn’t help, as I don’t get any click messages on zha

I’m not sure you understood the implications.
As they say in the Z2M docs “There is no support for sending events instead of commands. Which means that there is no other automation you can build out of the group assignement described above.”. The only thing it exposes is battery and link quality. No click event.
You pair it to a network, and it directly sends commands on the network to the devices in the zigbee group 101-108. It does not send them to home assistant.
When I manually set the group id of some of my devices to 101-108, then I could control the devices directly with the remote. But it won’t send anything to HA.

The gateway should see the events, which I then should be able to use.

A solution would be to include a virtual ZigBee device where Hass can receive events on various groups.

I actually love this remote. my five year old can control her zigbee lights.
I am totally good with not seeing it in home assistant everytime she changes things. It is lightlink, so they are bound and will work without HA, etc.

With the latest z2m update (1.35.1-1), the extension is no longer required. However, what I had done on the basis of what is suggested here no longer works (although it’s still in the doc).

So I biased it by doing direct mqtt:

For button detection (duplicate x 8):

- platform: mqtt
    topic: zigbee2mqtt/Mi Boxer
    payload: ('on', 101)
    value_template: "{{ value_json.action , value_json.action_group }}"
    id: 1on
    payload: ('off', 101)
    id: 1off

And for brightness (I would like to extract only the action_level load):

id: bright

Then we modify (x 8) in the chose: action side:

- conditions:
    - condition: template
      value_template: >-
        {{ is_state('input_select.mi_boxer_select', '1') and trigger.id in ['bright'] }}
  sequence:
    - service: light.turn_on
      data_template:
        entity_id: light.shellydimmer_f3d426
        brightness_pct: "{{ trigger.payload_json.action_level }}"

In french : My Canaletto | Home Assistant & Mi Boxer

To date I haven’t found a solution for ZHA, but by capturing the events we should be able to achieve a similar use…

1 Like

Hello

can you please help me with this.
i have the same remote and some problems to implement it.

i have this Error:

* Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 43: 'platform' is an invalid option for 'template', check: platform Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 44: 'topic' is an invalid option for 'template', check: topic Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 45: 'payload' is an invalid option for 'template', check: payload Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 46: 'value_template' is an invalid option for 'template', check: value_template Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 47: 'id' is an invalid option for 'template', check: id
* Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 48: 'platform' is an invalid option for 'template', check: platform Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 49: 'topic' is an invalid option for 'template', check: topic Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 50: 'payload' is an invalid option for 'template', check: payload Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 51: 'value_template' is an invalid option for 'template', check: value_template Invalid config for 'template' at configuration.yaml, line 52: 'id' is an invalid option for 'template', check: id
template:
  platform: mqtt

is not valid any more.

OK .
Thanks for the tip.

but i don’t know what kind of of component the remote is:

This

mqtt:
  sensor:
    - name: "MIBOX1on"
      state_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/Mi Boxer"
      payload_available: ('on', 101)
      object_id: 1on

don’t works. I cant get 1on but i don’t know why

I am new to HA and I have a couple of these mibox remotes. Is there a way to make them work with ZHA? I have the skyconnect and don’t really know how to setup 2mtt. And help is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

hello,

could you please explain at a non-programmer level exactly what needs to be done with the code sections for the remote control to work?

I am currently quite at a loss.
Should this be in an automation? Or in the configuration.yaml? or in the customize.yaml?
Or should I create a new *.yaml for it?
Or is it still a mqtt extension, but a different one than before?

Or should you even replace parts of the example here: MiBoxer FUT089Z control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT with your new code? Which parts?

I assume that “duplicate x 8” means that I increment 101 (101, 102,… ,107) for each duplicate?

Where in the code is the exact remote control specified? Or where is the distinguishing feature if I want to use two FUT089Z?