How to use stateless programmable switch?

When i set logger level = debug,i found some events in [home-assistant.log]

You need to go into the Developer Tools screen, select the Events tab and then subscribe to the homekit event (should be on the right hand side of the screen).

Type the name of the available event into the “Event to subscribe to” box at the bottom of the screen.

You should see the events there once you press the buttons.

1 Like

Get a different hub, conbee or zigbee2mqtt

Conbee (using deConz) is the same… except it uses deconz_events rather than homebridge events.

Thanks.
I set ‘*’ to listen, and click the switch about 50 times,and wait for 5 minutes, no any click event show there.
This is the picture of the switch.
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/WXKG01LM.html

May be i need to wait homekit upgrade to support the switch.

Or use DeCONZ or ZigBee2MQTT and ditch the phone-home Xiaomi hub.

Been suggested and ignored already.

1 Like

The reset button is at the bottom of the switch,i can not reset the switch,because i have six switches stuck to the wall. I can not reset the switches,so i can not repair with zigbee2mqtt.
Thanks for your suggestion.

The reset button is at the bottom of the switch,i can not reset the switch,because i have six switches stuck to the wall. I can not reset the switches,so i can not repair with zigbee2mqtt.
Thanks for your suggestion.

What do you mean you can’t reset the switch, I assume you can, it’s just a bit difficult right?

Yes, it’s a bit difficult, the switches are tightly attached to the wall.

I still suggest switching to DeCONZ or ZigBee2MQTT, but it’s your choice.

Zigbee2Mqtt can directly communicate with zigbee device, homekit has some problems,it can not update Zigbee states immediately in the current version.
Thanks again.

I use the same hub. I looked at your entity map and compared it with apple homekit developer specification. For the characteristic of "stateless-programmable-switch”, it should have the permission of notification. However, in the entity map, the value of “ev” is false. I guess this might be the reason that hass can’t listen to its event. I’ll check the code to see what I can do.

1 Like

hey. any news?

same problem same situation.

Hey @nobodyczcz, I have both the HomeKit Aqara hub and the Xiaomi Hub, is there anyway I can help to compare the click messages coming from and to each of the hubs?

You might have already made some awesome progress on this project. Just thought I’d extend a helping hand.

I used the Automations to trigger a scene in HA, and then I use this “empty” scene to use it for duplicating the event and having it visible in HA. Works like a sharm with the homekit integration.
You just need to click here

The automation I use then:

3 Likes

this worked for me to solve the aqara mini switch not showing as entity! thanks geertmeersman!

Thx! Also worked for my aqara mini switch

1 Like