Solve the installation problem

"Initially, the post was corrected because some misunderstood it, possibly due to the poor language used, as I do not speak English fluently. I apologize to everyone.

Is there a solution to the installation issue that remains unresolved here?"

Hi, We can help you, but a little more information would be needed. What install type did you use? Did you choose HAOS or did you use another install type? And did you use a youtube video (those are often outdated) or the installation guide in the Home Assistant documentation?

From the logs it seems it is trying to download the latest version last. Is Internet available to the rpi, and is github reachable, or did you maybe block some sites?

3 Likes

You will never make your life easier if you give up at the first obstacle :blush:

4 Likes

Over 365 thousand installations of Home Assistant and 25% of them are on a Raspberry Pi 4.

You had the bad luck of not being one of the 91000 successful installations on an RPi4 (assuming you didn’t use an RPi3).

If you want help to fix it, we’ll need more information.

If this is truly your last post, thanks for reporting the failure and good luck with whatever other product you choose next.

4 Likes

Good bye Dulcinea!

Hi, I’m quite sure that nowhere it is stated that you have to buy anything.

HA is free software but it’s very obvious: if you want to install this software the minimum requirement is to have something to install it on.
Like my fellow HA regular (@123) has stated: there are about 91k users running on a RPi4.
Maybe you wanted to get smart to soon by not reading/asking around of other possibilities of HW that you can use but I guess it’s clear to you now that running a RPi is a viable option for HA

As my other fellow HA regular (@fleskefjes) touches the subject: you need a little more perseverance to get familiar with this platform since being so powerful it also has a LOT of possibilities and options.

You could have asked for help on your issue and if posting as stated in How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question you would very likely received a response which helped you to solve your problem.

OTOH: luckily you can use a RPi for many other projects so nothing lost, not even a lot of time wasted.

1 Like

Thank you all, the problem was solved without any additional steps or different steps. Once repeated several times, the server started working. Perhaps the connection speed is the reason. I used a 4G connection early in the morning when the network is at its best.

Good you got it solved.

It can be useful to share the solution which also can be tagged so this topic is solved.
This makes that nobody else steps in trying to help you and as a bonus might help someone else.