[Howto] Buttons for Room Cleaning (with Queuing) for [Xiaomi Miio] (Robot Vacuum)

Danke Andrew! (: I guess I was being to vague in above, apologies. So, I have this whole “Blueprint” here working, I can trigger the room cleaning via the dashboard and my vaccum does what it’s supposed to.

THIS is the part I am after, what did you do to make this switch trigger a room cleaning?
I have created a switch via the UI (as per your screenshot), but how do I “link” this switch to the room cleaning of a specific room? I looked through your script but was unable to find anything that “links” to a boolean switch.

got you, actually thats quite simple, I use Node-Red for that.

When the input.boolean is on, the corresponding map (I live in a 2-story house) gets loaded, then it waits 10 secs and runs the cleaning-script with the data: {“room”:“wohnzimmer”}

Now you can build an input.boolean for each room and adjust the data in the call-service window.

runs perfectly within Homekit :wink:

1 Like

Hi all,

Is the clean rooms with the names possible with a roborock S4 ?
I saw the tutorial with the S6.

Thank you.
Lyes

Hi,

using this code, I receive “Error rendering data template: UndefinedError: ‘room’ is undefined” - I know this is due to my non existing competence to trace down my error.

I am anyways more than thankful for a little lift here.

Cheers,
K

I will try to use this script with Dreamebot L10 pro…
After some changes (device id, entity id…) for use with My vacuum cleaner I got error:
Unable to discover device over cloud

When i push button to clean some room all buttons chenge state to on and icons become yellow.
Is it possible to fix this that only pushed buttons go to state on and change icon color?

i have a edream vacuum, sub brand of Xiaomi i have it working with the edream card.
but when i install the HACS Xiaomi Miio i get a model unknown…
it there a way to still get costum keys

Just wondering if (once we have all the room IDs) this would be a shorter way for a button to clean a specific room:

show_name: true
show_icon: true
type: button
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: vacuum.send_command
  target:
    device_id: 123456
  data:
    command: app_segment_clean
    params: 20
entity: script.robot_vacuum_room_cleaning
icon: mdi:pot-steam
name: kitchen

You lose the ability to queue the rooms with this.

Hi All,

Like previously described by @1kohm @mattbedit I too experience that calling the service directly from Developer Tools or as an Automation, results in the vacuum starting only to declare itself done after a few seconds, and return to dock.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you!

/Max