Howto create battery alert without creating a template for every device

Sorry, I’m not sure how to do that with hassio. Maybe you can open an issue on that github repo?

I’d recommend opening an issue on the Home Assistant github repo.

That looks like it’s an internal thing for Home Assistant. I don’t believe that will affect the package.

I just started setting up this package on my HA (Running on Synology via Docker) at version 90.2

I got down to step 4 in your instructions, after running a check config it gave this error. Any thoughts on what it could be? It is not so descriptive…

Invalid config for [automation]: required key not provided @ data[‘action’]. Got None
required key not provided @ data[‘trigger’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/

I have a couple of sensors that are no longer updating and I want to delete them. Any help on doing this?

@NotoriousBDG, I have set up your package my problem is I use Twilio for notifications. What would I need to do to modifying your package to work?

What I would like to do is the following:

• If a battery is equal to or below 50% percent get a text that says "You might want to order a new battery* from amazon for sensor it is at 50% or lower.
  • If a battery is equal to or below 25% and I am at Walmart get a text that says "You need to grab a new battery* for this sensor it is at *50% or lower.

*I am not sure how to do the new battery part as I have 2 sensors that use a CR2 battery and 3 that use the CR123a.

Have you got this working yet Sooty? I can help if you still need some assistance.

Thanks for reaching out @scott_j_g. I messaged with @rendili who built the Hive component and he directed me to his hive custom component repository on GitHub which gives me exactly what I was after.

I have a Aqara hub and battery powered sensors and would like to get a notification when power drops beneath 10%, is this possible?

Might be in the topic but its pretty long, how do you set your settings and update the file (automaticly if possible) ?

I know you can update some components/love lace cards with a addon/script wonder if it is also for this. As in use some templates for the default settings and just set those things somewhere else.

Other then that, been using it for a long time now, always happy to see an alert :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try using the raw link to copy/paste.

Click on the battery sensor you want to delete, copy the value of “delete_battery_sensor” attribute, and paste it into the “Delete a Battery Sensor” input text box.

Twilio isn’t supported natively because it has a unique inputs. Give this automation a try:

- alias: battery_notification_twilio
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    - platform: time
      at: '10:00:00'
    - platform: time
      at: '18:00:00'
    - platform: state
      entity_id:
        - input_number.battery_alert_threshold_min
        - input_number.battery_alert_threshold_max
  action:
    - condition: template
      value_template: *low_battery_check
    - service: notify.twilio_sms
      data_template:
        target:
          - '+1234567890'

That’s doable too. You’ll need to add another trigger for arriving at Walmart to the automation above.

Yes

I don’t know of an automated way to update packages. If you know of one, please let me know and I’ll check it out.

Super work from The Notorious!

My deleted batteries are being rediscovered.

I am running Xiaomi Aqara hub and sensors. The temp sensors also have humidity in them whilst it’s only one unit and one battery they are being discovered twice (humidity battery/temp battery) as seen in screeny.

This is my flow

1. Click on one of the Sensors from the Battery status list that I want to delete.
  2. Copy the line to the right of ‘delete battery sensor’ which for one of the sensors is homeassistant/sensor/humidity_158d00020f24ec_battery
  3. Paste the copied text into the Delete a Batte… field and wait a couple of seconds and then the battery deletes and replace with yellow ‘entity not available’ line which disappears after a couple of seconds.
  4. After a few minutes (not sure maybe 15mins) they crawl back out and into the list again.
  5. I did add them to the customize list as below but then I realised this is only for ‘alert suppression’ and not removing them from list suppression.
customize:
  sensor.humidity_158d00020f24ec:
    battery_alert_disabled: true

Any advice would be much appreciated

ps paying it forward any starting out on Notorious’s battery project struggling to add to lovelace.
*1. You need to install the group card from github look at readme.md here if you don’t know how to install a custom card like the group-card.
2. You need to add 2 manual cards in lovelace - 1 for Battery status (list of batterys) and 2 for Battery alert (the settings for the alerts).
3. You first custom card for Battery status has this code.

type: 'custom:group-card'
card:
  type: entities
  title: Battery Status*
  show_header_toggle: false
group: group.battery_status

4. The second custom card for battery alert looks like this

type: 'custom:group-card'
card:
  type: entities*
  title: Battery Alert*
  show_header_toggle: false*
group: group.battery_alert*
4 Likes

Change your customize line to this instead, restart Home Assistant, then delete the sensor one more time. After that, it shouldn’t come back.

customize:
  sensor.humidity_158d00020f24ec:
    battery_sensor_creation_disabled: true
1 Like

Great I added that under the section you mentioned in the battery_alert.yaml file and deleted again and it’s been 12 hours now and they haven’t returned. Your a champ :partying_face:

1 Like

So I just upgraded from 0.84 and OMG what a mess :smiley:

Can someone give me the short version of what I have to do to make everything look neat?

Thank you

Can you provide more details? What’s “a mess”? Maybe a screenshot would help…

Apologies.

I mean lots of entities “not available”
and all the sensors are showing in little sensor circles up top, it never used to be like that

That sounds like it might be related to the migration to Lovelace. It doesn’t like when your groups refer to entities that don’t exist. You’ll need to remove them from your groups to fix those.

The automation that adds battery entities to the group runs once a minute now instead of at startup. It’s possible that if you view the UI before the first time the automation runs, your battery entities will not be in the group yet. Refreshing the page in your browser should fix that.

Thank you, All is working now with your latest code

Hi,
it seems great but I don’t know how to install this …

Is the first post is up to date with the latest code ?

Is there an howto that I missed ?

I can’t update the OP anymore. You can find the latest on GitHub at:

Not sure when it changed, but I’m able to edit the OP. I’ve added a link to GitHub in the OP to make it easier for people to find the latest version.

1 Like