Howto to edit configuration.yaml in synology dockers

Hello,
I just installed home assistant via synology dockers application. Everything went well, home assistant to find different element already present on the network (ikea, sonos, google cast, icloud,). Ok, but for the discovery of other elements, that’s a problem: I did find the configuration.yalm file, edit and modify according to the information on the official site (for apple tv or indicate my weather station via wunderground for example) but after restarting HA, I have either errors (Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: mapping values are not allowed here in “/config/configuration.yaml”,) or either via integration, cannot find the other elements registered in the configartion.yaml file.
So, after researching, I have not found the solution; can someone guide me to a tutorial or a solution.
Thanks for your help

It‘s the configuration.yaml you just edited. For Docker Container (the technology used for HA on Synology), that file is linked to a different, internal location.

The cause of your error is probably indentation…

Good,
I do not see well, I just “copy” the example taken from the site:

Example configuration.yaml entry

sensor:

• platform: wunderground
    api_key: YOUR_API_KEY
    monitored_conditions:
    • alerts
    • dewpoint_c

adding the key, and other sensors.
I did a search with the command “find name configuration.yaml”, but did not find another file on the yno

Ordinarily when using Docker you would just mount a volume to the host file path so that you can edit the configuration files from “outside” of the container.

docker-compose example:

version: "3.2"

services:
  home_assistant:
    container_name: home_assistant
    restart: always
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant:latest
    volumes:
      - /volumes/docker/home_assistant/config:/config
      - /volumes/docker/home_assistant/dns/resolv.conf:/etc/resolv.conf
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/London
    network_mode: host

(except in your case you’d mount the volume through the Synology docker application)

However, in your case it does sound like it may be an indentation issue, as @m0wlheld says…

I do not have these path, when I look with filestation I see:
Volume / dockers / homeassistant /,
/ deps, /.storage, /.cloud
I followed the indications on this page for synology: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/docker/

The file has not moved, you simply made an error when changing it‘s content. Revert your changes and start over.

As @m0wlheld said, it’s probably just and indentation error, but as these are easy to make and hard to find you need to provide the content of the file and format it as preformatted code - make sure that you anonymized sensitive entries like home coordinates, MAC addresses, and passwords.

you definitely edited the right file - HA would not have stopped working otherwise :wink:

Hello,
Thank you for your answers, but due to my difficulties, I changed the way to install HA. I gave up the way indicated above to do it from a package as indicated here (https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hass-io-on-synology-dsm-native-package/ 125559). I installed Visual studio and saw the indentation errors. But I still have qlq problems to install some device in particular the sensors via rflink (433). I see the name “the name is 0a52080000301004d240259” in the history but I can’t find it in the configuration. In domoticz, I recover the values ​​of my weather station via wunderground (api key and id) but here I have errors :frowning: (Error fetching WUnderground data: ContentTypeError ("0, message = 'Attempt to decode JSON with unexpected mimetype: text / plain; charset = utf-8 ‘, url =’ http: //api.wunderground.com/api/*********************/alerts/almanac /conditions/lang:EN/q/pws:IRGIONWA31.json ")
Ok, there is a job
thank you for your patience :hushed:

Hello,
It’s been 2 weeks since I installed HASS on a synology 218+, via the hass.io package. I could find a lot of things (ikea tradfri, harmony hub, apple device except apple tv 4gen), I was able to do scripting and automation: big thanks to the tutorials, forum and others. But despite everything there are things wrong and I can’t find a solution, even with reading the forums (but maybe I don’t read the good ones?). So here are my unsolved problems:
1: I have an rfxcom system (433), even by following the links on the site, it is not resumed. Yet following either

• supervisor ==> systen ==> hard, I have this: / dev / serial / by-id / usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433_A11AB3FH-if00-port0
  • and with “lsusb” in a treminal I have: Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0403: 6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    2: I would like to change the theme, again following the information: replace:
    default_config:
    by
    frontend:

themes:! include themes.yaml

themes:
happy:
primary-color: pink
sad:
primary-color: blue
(while writing this message I answered another question concerning “customize.yaml” which did not work; a error in writing.)
But, I lost in the dashboard the configuration, log, history menu. How to make it reappear?
3) .I have an account on weatherunderground, or my data from my weather station sent, I would like to be able to recover it. I followed the information as here: https: //www.home-assistant.io/integrations/wunderground/. but here too problem. (I use domoticz, with the same API key and it works)

Here is if there is “a good soul” to guide me, a big thank you

The configuration.yaml file is situated in
/volume1/@appstore/homeassistant/var/config

You can edit it with vi by going in via ssh and then login as root.

ssh username at IPaddress -p 22
When you are logged in, pass on as root
sudo -i

Change to the folder mentioned above and use command
vi configuration.yaml

Depends entirely on how you set up your Docker install. If you use persistent volumes, it can be somewhere entirely different. Mine, for example, is in:

/volume1/docker/homeassistant/config