HTML page title tag should be configurable

I think this would have to be a feature request; even if I could find it in the source it would be overwritten in two week on the next release cycle. I changed the coloring in the CSS once for laughs but of course it was gone the next week.

homeassistant:

Name of the location where Home Assistant is running

name: Abaddon_HASS

It is in your config

Yes, there is that “name” entry in the config, but it doesn’t change HTML title tag. Obviously it’s not configurable, so I’ll move this post under the feature request category.

Same situation here, need to manage two houses (i know, there is situation worse then that :)), it would be awesome if we could change the name in the tab browser !

1 Like

Please give a vote for this request in the case :wink:

I would like to but i can’t … when i click on vote, it asks me if i want to use my super vote … even if i click on yes, nothing happen.
I tried with Firefox and Chrome, some behavior.

I don’t believe so, the request was to change the title that appears in the browser tab, i.e. set in the html tag.

1 Like

I was just about to submit this exact same request since I too have multiple HA systems and would sure like to see each browser title tab reflect the actual system. it is such a simple request that I was amazed this was submitted 2 years ago and not supported yet.

Please provide a means of updating <title>Home Assistant</title> to either use the same name as defined for the “name:” in config, or add a new config entry (such as “browser_title:”).

1 Like

Absolute pain you cannot change it.

+1 Would be very nice if it is configurable, I also run 2 instances one for my home and one for my motorhome :slight_smile:

Does anyone know a way to change the page title?

There is no way currently, it is hardcoded into the HTML template.

It should be very easy for a coder familiar with the frontend to make this configurable however. Just need to convince one of them to undertake the task!

Would not it be possible to change with java? I know the code document.title = “Something” works but only changes the tab name. I have not figured out how to change the <div main-title> yet

I suspect it will be overwritten once you navigate to another page however.

Nope… it works fine… So far I can change the favicon and the name on the tab … now I’m looking for a way to change the main title

Where did you insert the java to make the change?

I followed this guide: Change favicon

I just added document.title = “Something”

1 Like

Ah…I see, since this is added via the frontend extra_html process the javascript can override for each and every page.
Nice workaround!

Hi, where I can add document.title = “Something”? thanks

Meanwhile we are at the end of 2023 and the default is still “Home Assistant” in the title bar in my browser.
What is the use of setting a system name when it is not used on all locations ?

1 Like