Hue component failing to load - hass.io 59.2

I couldn’t get my hue groups to appear in hass using the discovery component, although the individual bulbs loaded fine. I decided to try adding the hue component to the config file like so:

hue:
  bridges:
    - host: 192.168.1.39
discovery:
  ignore:
    - philips_hue

This is the correct address for my Hue bridge. Unfortunately the config then fails to load and throws this error:

Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Component not found: hue
    - Setup failed for hue: Component not found.

I tried just adding “hue:” to the config without the other stuff, I tried it with discover enabled and disabled. No matter what, if I put ‘hue:’ into my config, it doesn’t pass validation.

I also tried deleting ‘hue.config’ and starting a fresh discovery linkage. I get the same result, all the bulbs, none of the groups.

I’m stuck at this point. I’m not sure what’s wrong with my config as I’ve followed the docs. Any ideas?

no ideas, just confirmation this is happening on this side too…

Cheers,
Marius

Are you also on hass.io? I wonder if this is limited to that platform or more widespread.

yes,
Home Assistant

Custom UI 20171215

This mystery is solved. ‘hue:’ in config is not valid until v.60. For older versions use

light:
  - platform: hue
    host: 192.168.1.39
    allow_hue_groups: true
2 Likes

FYI: I’m running version 60.1 and getting the same error. I’ve been running 60.1 for several days but,the just started showing up yesterday.