Hue Dimmer - Use duration for brightness

Hi All,

I decided to setup my hue dimmer v1 in Home Assistant rather than the hue app because I want everything in one place and might do more advanced automation with it in the future.

I setup on, off and dimmer functions but that’s only a single press; I wondered if anyone had advice for making it so the longer I press the brighter button the more it increases and the longer I press the dimmer it decreases.

Not a big issue but would be nice rather than pressing 4 times to get to 40% for a random example

Side issue, really not a big issue just annoys my OCD; I have it set to decrease on press in increments of 10% and it works great at the start, so if I’m at 100% it goes to 90%, however, when I reach 80% and press, rather than going to 70%, it goes to 69% and at 29% it goes to 18%; so it seems to be going in increments of 10.xxxx%

There’s a blueprint available:

Looks promising but i will need to wait till I get a zigbee dongle for HA; atm just using hue bridge and integrated them and from what I see, this blueprint doesn’t support that method

I had interpreted the following to mean you already stopped using the Hue Bridge.

Apologizes for confusion; I just meant i added to Hue but was setting up the actions on HA because I wanted things like when the battery was below 5%, send a notification to my phone etc (and I know I can have some setups on HA and some on the hue app but prefer to have it all in one place).

Regardless, unless someone else has anything ill just delay this issue till I get a the SONOFF zigbee dongle.

Btw, found conflicting info online so idk if you know, if I get a zigbee dongle, can I just sell my hue hub or do I still need it for firmware updating and such?

Zigbee2MQTT supports Over-The-Air (OTA) updates.

A device is paired with a single coordinator; it cannot be managed concurrently by two coordinators.