Hue lamp no updates received

Hi

I’m using home assistant with ZHA and a sonoff zigbee dongle. The hardware worked fine with iobroker.
I control a hue lamp (LTC021) and several Osram bulbs.
The Osram bulbs are working fine but I have problems with the hue lamp.
When the lamp changes it’s state and the state change was not issued by home assistant, there is no state update.
Sources for state changes besides of home assistant could be a directly connected dimmer switch or the lamp dimming itself with the move command.
When I use the cluster function to read an attribute, e.g. on_off, the correct state is returned. When I manually issue the cluster command, home assistant logs the state change and than it also updates the state. Without running the cluster command, the state is alway the last state which was set by home assistant.

My Osram bulbs behave different. When I use the remote to change the state they send the state change themself. I never had issues like this with iobroker and its zha implementation.

I’m still new to home assistant so I’m a little bit lost. Does anyone has an idea how to fix that?

Thank you very much.

Try re-pairing it. Delete it first, then pair it again.

Follow methods here to restore your Philip Hue bulbs/lights back to their factory default settings first using “Touchlink” via a Hue compatible remote or dimmer switch product before you can finally pairing/joining them to ZHA → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#add-philips-hue-bulbs-that-have-previously-been-added-to-another-bridge

After that and another re-pairing they should be be able to complete the ZHA inteerview proess and be discovered properly. The reason for you usually need needing to factory reset each Philip Hue device before you can pair/join it to ZHA properly and the issue there is that Philip Hue device with older firmware deviated from the official Zigbee specifiation and thus could not simply be factory reset by pressing a hardware reset-button or just turn the power off and on to the device in a certain order with correct timing a with many other Zigbee devices, for Philip Hue devices with older firmware you instead need to factory reset it via “Touchlink” as explained in ZHA documentation under troubleshooting here → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#add-philips-hue-bulbs-that-have-previously-been-added-to-another-bridge

If anyone here is a a developer and link to contribute to ZHA please see this request to ZHA developers:

Thank you for your support. I did reset and repair of the light several times.
Discovery and pairing works fine every time. The problem that the light won’t send status updates stays.
When I use the remote or a cluster command, the status in home assistant won’t get updated.
The same hardware works fine with iobroker.

Thanks to share this type of suggestion ! It’s really work! Vanilla gift cards

Well it should work if you first factory reset them to default setttings before pairing, so if it still not not work then make sure you have also updated Zigbee Coordinator firmware and more importantly already following all these best practice tips so the the root cause is not poor reception or interference → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimize using Zigbee Router devces (repeaters/extenders) to get a stable Zigbee network mesh with best possible range and coverage by fully utilizing Zigbee mesh networking