Hue motion sensors + remotes: custom component

Can you check what is being returned by the Hue API? Perhaps with many sensors the data is returned in separate calls or something. The custom component just iterates over every sensor it finds to no limit there

How can I check that? I am connected to the api now but what should I test?

There’s instructions in this thread. Il also add them on GitHub when I get a chance.
Cheers

Thank you! By way of another thread I got this sorted. It was how I was formatting it.

Thank you.

@robmarkcole, you mention that a 4 button remote can have 2 states. Short press and long press. But when using the Hue TAP I can only get short press working? Is the 4 button remote you mention not the Philips Tap remote?

Tap and remote are different I’m afraid :worried:

Hi, I have now checked the hue api and the motion sensor not showing up in ha is showing under api/sensors.

Here is the complete responce from the api showing all 8 motion sensors. https://pastebin.com/nRTJDRUM

The strange thing is that it is sensor number 6 that is not showing up.

Hi all, I’ve added instructions on reporting and debugging issues here. Please let me know if these instructions require any clarification.
Cheers

Please see here. Please clarify the device id not showing up, and comment if anything looks strange about its data.
Cheers

Hmm the sensor not showing up is named hobbyrummet sensor. Its not showing in your link? But it is showing in my pastebin.

Hmm I was blind. I found it. will look for anything strange and report back.

Lets continue this thread on Github

@robmarkcole Does this custom component work with out a physical Hue Hub?

Sorry but extremely confident Hub is required

1 Like

figured… i am trying to not get into z wave tech but am looking for a proper motion sensor

The hue system is incredibly simple to use and the API is very good, only downside is slightly high price. The Ikea Tradfi may be worth a look.

1 Like

reread the entire thread, but has anyone ever found the solution to this log-spamming?

not sure if it is custom_component related, but since you are the Hue experts, id dare to repost this question:

cheers,
Marius

1 Like

Those warnings aren’t generated by the component, but by HA. Any suggestions on how to fix appreciated.
Cheers

ok thanks, just a polite nudge here, maybe others have solved it.

btw, those errors aren’t generated by the component, but maybe the component causes them? Just trying to find a way to solve this.

Cheers,
Marius

You can change your log level to not see them.
I believe these warnings are due to the phue dependency. Solving these issues can be a lot of work so always grateful for collaborators

I got rid of the warning by changing the update interval from 0.1 to 0.5 in the component code, although it still appears occasionally