Hue motion sensors + remotes: custom component

@robmarkcole Many thanks to you and your wonderful component. Sorry to see it go. Are you working with anyone with the new Hue components?

@zarthan this component isn’t going anywhere and will continue to function until adapted for the new Hue component is released. It is after all just a fancy rest sensor :slight_smile:

I tried the 0.66 beta a few days and it was discovered that the new Hue components conflict with this one. So are you going to be updating your component or ???

@zarthan please create an issue on Github describing the conflict. I only briefly read abut the changes in 0.66 and thought new Hue component was backwards compatible.
Cheers

There are a couple of mentions in this https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/13454 Somewhere near the top and the second last entry. Somewhere someone mentioned removing the component to get it working.

I was taking your comments as you no longer being involved.

To clarify I wont be adding features, but I will make sure it works.

That makes everything much clearer. Glad you are back! :wink:

Issue for 0.66 created here:

I misunderstood your comment about creating an issue on Github. I was thinking it was already noted in the hue component and planned for an update, but I should have created the entry in your component. Becoming clearer and clearer by the minute. I will be ready for it if there ever is next time.

Thank you! Great work… I was concerned that it was “going” away! I am using it and I really like it!

Thanks - got it working to display the local time when motion was detected with this.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      lounge_motion_updated:
        friendly_name: Lounge last movement detected
        value_template: >
          {{ as_timestamp(states.sensor.lounge_motion_sensor.attributes.last_updated | replace("[","") | replace("', '", "T") | replace("]", "") | replace ("'", "") + "+00:00") | timestamp_local }}

@zarthan the issue with 0.66 is resolved in the development branch. Please let me know how you get on with it.
Cheers

@Mariusthvdb dev also resolves your issue with the iphone icon.

Thank you Sir! Works well. Bring on 0.66

I may have spoken too soon. The hue lights are back but the remote is missing. No initial errors I can see so I have some looking to do.

update: If I put the previous hue.py file back in custom_components along with the updated hue.py in sensors, I have the remote but no lights. Remove the hue.py from custom_components I have lights but no remote. What a predicament. I want the remote. Wife wants lights.

Works here well. Do you have the right url in the hue.py?

I tested the URL and key before I entered it.

Hi, sorry I am confused with the readme. What do I need to do in the hue.py file? The URL format is nothing like the one found in the phue.conf.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

Re URL, I’ve updated the readme with a link to the following:

Hi, you need to modify URL string at the beginning of a /config/custom_components/sensor/hue.py
It should look like this:
URL = "http://your_hue_hub_ip/your_hue_hub_key/sensors"
Both your_hue_hub_ip and your_hue_hub_key could be obtained from phue.conf. Key is long string of characters. Phue.conf looks like this:
{"hub_ip": {"username": "hub_key" }}
so, ip and key could be obtained from it easily.