Huge delay and RTT on Z wave lock

Wonder if anyone could help I have a yale z wave lock and if i unlock manually i get a RTT of around 300ms but if i remotely unlock via HA i get a RTT of over 1500ms most of the time around 1900ms and it take 6 seconds to update status.

I had this lock on smartthings and both the lock and the hub are about 20 m away with only 2 plaster board walls between. on smartthings was perfectly fine worked instantly.

Any ideas?

I also see this behavior, but since the lock actually does the command issued, I usually don’t care.

I chalk it up to zwave stack latency and hope the new integration makes things far more faster.

i wouldnt care but sometimes ie actually quite frequently it sees it unlock but then sees the lock if someone unlocked and re locks in 8 seconds which then makes it think the door is unlocked.

so i cant trust it at all.

i tried z wave2mqtt and that didnt change anything.

My lock always eventually gets the status corrected. Maybe there’s a firmware update for the Yale lock?

I have a Schlage and it does the same thing, but still locks/unlocks so I don’t worry about it much. It just takes some time to update status if I sned it a command from HA. Like mentioned before, it could be ZWave stack latency.

1 Like