Humidity control fan

I would like to start my fan in the bathroom if humidity increases maybe 10% in less than 10 minutes.
Someone knows how an automation for this could be done?

Or this GitHub - basschipper/homeassistant-generic-hygrostat: Generic Hygrostat for Home Assistant

I did this the other day… #137 of this thread:

In my setup, I am using the approach / concept of humidity_now - humidity_average. You likely will have to tweak the statistic senser based on the behavior of how frequent your humidity sensor reporting readings to HA, the environment, etc.

Alternatively, you could also consider the trend approach to achieve this:

Obviously you also need to tweak the parameters to see what works better.

Multiple ways to skin the cat.

I ran both statistics and trend side by side for a couple of weeks, and figured statistics being more reliable (for my setup, anyways), so in the end I abandoned the method using trend
(… because I don’t want any late night sudden rain triggering my bathroom fan… but that’s just me… you might actually want to.)

Actually I forgot to mention. I am on 0.103.6 so the Hygrostat integration will not function.

The statistics could maybe work unless it has been updated much over the last many releases.

I kind of hoped that I could use some sort of “simple” template to make this work.
Just turn on a switch for the fan if humidity increases more than 10% within 10 minutes.

Perhaps you missed the second link in my post.

I used this Blueprint… You need 2 humidity sensors though. Works well

I already use this way of controlling the fan but would like to try the other solution to see if that works better.

I was just trying to do a Blueprint

ON if Humidity rises X in X time = ok can work
OFF if Humidity drops X in X time = can’t work not sure how high the humidity will get.

How will the OFF work? We need a ref Humidity

Maybe best if OFF could be the initial humidity with an offset or second best like i have now the humidity from another room with an offset.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?
I am thinking with the use of a template.