Hunter Douglas Powerview component - expanding this API

Awesome. I updated to your battery level sensor code too and now the icons show the depleted usage. Thanks again!

You might want to play around with this as there is no stop button:

Excellent work. Works fine with my HunterDouglas Pirouette shades. One additional feature which would be awesome: The Pirouette shades (and a few more I think), have vanes and their position can be controlled as well. An additional slider for the Vanes would be absolutely amazing. I’m on the V2 hub.

Today I unfortunately noticed, that the custom component currently breaks the Harmony Hub component and also the HunterDouglas PowerView component which provides Scene access.
They seem to both time out with their connections to the hubs when your custom component is activated. Deactivating the custom component solves the issue…

I think there is something wrong with the component. If I have it active in HA it kills the powerview network and I can’t reconnect. If I disconnect from HA it stays connected. I have a version 1 hub.

Also I rolled back to version 7 of the component and it seems to work ok. So something with version 1 hub I suspect with newer version of compnent. Only issue with version 0.7 is if shades haven’t been used in a little while it loses the data of the shades and they have to be moved before the api will update the data.

Since 0.109 I am getting an error regarding I/O. I created an issue in Github but so far it has not seen any action. Anyone have thoughts on how to resolve?

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.util.async_
Source: util/async_.py:120
First occurred: 1:32:25 PM (4163 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:35:42 PM

Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for hd_powerview doing I/O at custom_components/hd_powerview/cover.py, line 142: r = requests.get(url).json()

I have some issues with my shades.
After a while, API reports no positions and the component fails with following error:

ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hd_powerview.cover] Unexpected error fetching hd_powerview data: 'positions’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 136, in async_refresh
self.data = await self._async_update_data()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 124, in _async_update_data
return await self.update_method()
File “/config/custom_components/hd_powerview/cover.py”, line 65, in async_update_data
return {shade[“id”]: Shade(shade) for shade in shade_data}
File “/config/custom_components/hd_powerview/cover.py”, line 65, in
return {shade[“id”]: Shade(shade) for shade in shade_data}
File “/config/custom_components/hd_powerview/cover.py”, line 286, in init
self._position = round((shade_data[“positions”][“position1”] / 65535) * 100)
KeyError: 'positions’

Then if i move my shades from Luxaflex Powerview App the component start working again.
[custom_components.hd_powerview.cover] Fetching hd_powerview data recovered

My hub is “Hunter Douglas Powerview Hub Gen 1.”

In release 0.110, the hunterdouglas_powerview integration has been updated and added support for sensors and covers.

I get the exact same issue, I think is a bug in the hub software
If I connect to the hub on its ip address with http://10.10.0.10/api/shades
It is not reporting position all the time. and battery reports incorrectly sometime also

Let’s see how it goes now, installed 0.110.2 today.

There is a bugfix :slight_smile: "Fix shade compatibility with hunter douglas powerview 1.0 hubs"

A bit lost here but are you @safepay the developer of this integration? Looking at investing €6k in sun shades but not sure if the following type is supported by the integration? Would be great to know before investing in this.

Sorry, don’t know the English names so I’ll post an image instead :blush:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/-Khfns6PFQnh1VugRPNwknmyrcfakiNajiRgsyXc4b25-sWZPvgbvx8fa9lAW4EWvJBYrTGZDopznkTr7U5Vb1QUWXwLADiKlLeaOS9XJ0jQ-KWv0Xdt_E9X0YrwX0FfyHNGxDMeo-eF

long shot… has anyone figured out a way to make Hunter Douglas Top Bottom Up Down blinds appear in Homekit via Home Assistant with the correct controls?

HomeKit does support the Top/Bottom/Up/Down control — if you use the native HD HomeKit integration, it shows them — so clearly ‘just’ need a way to tell HomeKit to use the appropriate controller. Currently they just get the up/down controller. Any ideas?

I am the original developer but I don’t use this integration. This is an old Luxaflex blind motor.

I am going to install Somfy. They work with Luxaflex blinds and have much better HA support.

Luxaflex also have the newer Qmotion and are not making the PowerView motors anymore I understand.

Thanks a lot for your feedback on this! Installing this is quite expensive so want to make it right from the beginning.

I’ll see if I can get the Somfy motors instead, unfortunately I need to buy them at a different store than the blinds. Do you know if there are sub-brands to Somfy or a specific product line I should chose to get the integration with Home Assistant to work or is any Somy motor right?

They still use these in Europe. I see they switched in Australia. I would love the tilt integration as well.
I just bought those with powerview. There’s no option for another motorisation over here.
I have a powerhub 2

I’m new to HA here, but have used other systems for many years. I have some Powerview shades with dual action (top/down, bottom/up) and they’re only controllable on the bottom/up part.

Is there a way to get the top/down part controllable? I’d be ok with them being treated as a separate shade if that makes it easier to have a slider control.

None of the code owners for the integration have those type of devices so it’s unlikely that support will be added any time soon.

Your best bet would be to open a PR to add support for them or find someone willing to do the work who has access to similar devices.

hey mate - mentioned over here Adding Tilt to the Hunter Douglas PowerView Cover integration (Luxaflex) - #9 by peterclark

it’s coming.

Your Issue you raised would indicate you are ok hitting the api yourself. Can you go to http://yourip/api/shades and make sure your top/down blind is either type 8 or 47

I havent been able to find any API documentation detailing all the different shade types and these are the only two currently supported in the API

The Duette units I’ve got are type 8.

It’s tedious wading through the /api/shades data since they use Base64 to encode the shade names. Notepad++ and the MIME plugin to the rescue!

@wkearney99 I want to share some information with you about top down bottom up shades, and I wanted to PM you, but since I just created this user account today, I am apparently forbidden to PM you, can you please PM me and I can reply with the information.