Husqvarna Automower monitoring

exactly right from home assistant

Are you asking for help to do it? I don’t really understand. It has been possible to create automations since day 1 for that. It has nothing to do with the component.

@jansh @walt have you seen that husqvarna have opened their API? https://developer.1689.cloud/

1 Like

Hi, I have added my 315x and can read out status, however if I try to send commands it doesn’t work. If I manually go into services in HA, select Service: “vacuum.start” and select the mower entity a get the following error message:

Failed to call service vacuum/start. ‘AutomowerDevice’ object has no attribute 'async_start

Any idea why this do not work? As of no I cannot create any automation in HA to control the mower if the service commands does not work.

‘AutomowerDevice’ object has no attribute ‘async_start’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 122, in handle_call_service
connection.context(msg))
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1138, in async_call
self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1160, in _execute_service
await handler.func(service_call)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 188, in handle_service
self._platforms.values(), func, call, service_name
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 314, in entity_service_call
future.result() # pop exception if have
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 328, in _handle_service_platform_call
await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
AttributeError: ‘AutomowerDevice’ object has no attribute ‘async_start’

Hi,

can I use this custom component with my automower 315 with robonect modul? My 315 has no connect modul but instead the Robonect Modul.

thanks

@Christian_Hollbjar Yes, I’ve seen the new API, and I started to look at what would be involved to move over to it – but – the new API doesn’t include GPS!! That, along with the current status, is my main reason for wanting this component.

@henninne You will need to use vacuum.start_pause which will toggle between running and paused.

@alexw This only works with the AutoConnect system, but it looks like Robonect supports MQTT and some guys have been working on that here: Robonect module in Husqavarna Automower via mqtt vacuum

1 Like

Hi walt - just cloned your repo. Looks to be getting some info but not GPS. Should I be expecting GPS? Great work btw :slight_smile:

Here’s what I see right now when I click on it…

The logs say it’s loading the device tracker, but I don’t see it anywhere…

2019-06-11 22:59:59 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Setting up device_tracker.automower

Any thoughts? Thanks!

@jschwalbe Yes, you should see the GPS under the device tracker. What model automower do you have and what version of Home Assistant are you running?

Hassio 0.93.2
Automower 315x

Just set up my 430X in HA. Works great.

Now I can add the missing rain sensor functionality.

Many thanks for the good work,

1 Like

315x should work, is your log file really reporting device_tracker.automower for the entity ID or are you sanitizing it? It should be something like device_tracker.automower_l_serial

Can you post all your debugging lines from the component?

Has anyone successfully integrated Automower Connect by using Bluetooth on the Raspberry PI?

@walt In the description on github not immediately recognizable - is this integration under hacs only for Husquarna or for Gardena robotic lawnmower?

It’s only been tested with Husqvarna mowers

1 Like

@jschwalbe did you ever get your 315x working? Considering buying one myself

I didn’t try very hard to get it integrated with hass. It was for a bit, but stopped working at some point. However, I really like it for my lawn! :slight_smile:

I know it is quite an old question but I have 315x and it is working well with home assistant.

1 Like

Thanks @cristimi. I did end up buying a 315x and mine works too.

1 Like

hi walt, thx for this great work! i am a “new” user and have no knowledge using GitHub. How I am able to use HACS? or pushing the component into my home-assistant environment? sorry for the stupid question.

here are the directions for HACS:

Once you have it installed, you can use it to easily install the automower component

1 Like