Husqvarna Automower monitoring

Hi! thanks for the input! I have 420.

Best regards

I somehow can’t find the location to the latest automower.py. Can you please point me to the correct url.

Hey, you can get the most recent version from here: https://github.com/yeah/home-assistant/tree/automower - you probably did not switch to the automower-branch.

The files there are NOT located in the subfolder “custom_components”. They are instead placed in the regular “components” folder.

Hope this helps

1 Like

why not remake it into a custom component instead ?

you can, save the different automower.py files to your custom components

custom_components/automower.py

you just need to change:

custom_components/vacuum/automower.py

line 8: from
homeassistant.components.automower import DOMAIN as AUTOMOWER_DOMAIN
to:
from custom_components.automower import DOMAIN as AUTOMOWER_DOMAIN

and make the same change to:
custom_components/device_tracker/automower.py

2 Likes

So I recently installed a 415x and got the component going, but I’m not sure I have the latest version. Was a simple sensor every re-introduced to track mow/return/charge cycle history?
I seem to have an issue with mine searching for the dock, but I have it mostly mowing at night, so I can only observe a couple of cycles a day.

Hi everyone, sorry for the long silence. I’m quite amazed by how many people are actually using my component. I’d really like to package it up and submit it to HA to make it a proper platform.

What’s missing for this, I guess, would be a proper lawn_mower component instead of the vacuum one I borrowed for our purpose. Another option would be to rename vacuum to something more generic like something along the lines of robot or roaming_bot.

I’ll have to find out what the process is for introducing new components. Any pointers or pull requests are very welcome! :wink:

4 Likes

That would be great!

A possibility to send the mower home for x hours would be a very nice function imho.

That should already be doable with an automation…

I might have missed something. I’d like to pause the mower for 3 hours and then set it back to weather timer mode. Can I call that mode from HASS?

jansh go into the discord channel and talk to the people they will help you out

Maybe you could make a suggestion in the architecture git hub repo? I think it would be wise if you or someone else who made a lawn mower component made this suggestion, since you know the details of how it works. Without anyone making this suggestion I don’t think the platform will be made.

1 Like

Was the simple sensor you mentioned earlier in the thread every re-introduced? I would love to be able to see totals for mowing, returning, charging cycles.

I don’t think it’s needed as you can simply define one yourself using a template sensor like this:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      mower_status:
        friendly_name: Mower status
        value_template: "{{ states.vacuum.YOUR_MOWER_NAME.attributes.status }}"

Thanks, I’ve opened a Github issue for this on the architecture repo.

Hi,

I’ve seen no answer to this question. Maybe you’ve already sorted out but this can turn useful to someone else.

I had the same error:

400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://iam-api.dss.husqvarnagroup.net/api/v3/token 3

and it was caused by bad credentials.

Any news on making it official?

Not yet, but your help is welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as an FYI, the Connect functionality is something that costs quite some money.

However, apparently since a couple of months Husqvarna also offers the “Connect @ Home” functionality which is basically just bluetooth connectivity with the robot.

Is that something that might be added to your package?

@jansh

Cheers!

1 Like

I would if I could, but unfortunately my knowledge of this type of coding is poor.