I am root on HA system but I cannot access the whole file system

Hi community,

I am working with HA since a few month now. I installed the HA OS in an VM on Proxmox. Everything works fine so far!

Now I installed a new addon for my solar environment called “GoSunGrow”. This seems to work also fine, but while troubleshooting at the beginning, I saw in the Addon Log, that a configuration file is written:

Using config file ‘/data/.GoSungrow/config.json’

Now I want to look into that file, but I cannot access it, because I can’t find it where it should be:

[core-ssh ~]$ cd /data
[core-ssh data]$ ls -la
total 28
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jul 11 09:37 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jul 11 09:37 …
-rw------- 1 root root 5752 Jul 11 09:36 .bash_history
-rw------- 1 root root 0 May 6 2022 .bash_profile
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Jun 9 09:14 .ssh
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 6 2022 host_keys
-rw------- 1 root root 116 Jul 11 09:37 options.json
[core-ssh data]$

For me it seems, that I don’t have full access to the system although I was root:

[core-ssh data]$ whoami

root

[core-ssh data]$

Aside from that I am also not able to issue commands coming from this Addon. I am a little bit lost!

Addons runs as separate docker containers, which is a simply kind of a virtual machine.
You need to use docker to access the files on that specific container, instead of the docker container that HA runs in.

ok - what do you mean with

You need to use docker to access the files on that specific container, instead of the docker container that HA runs in.

Could you explain it a little bit more please?! Thank you very much!

Ok - I fear I have not so deep knowledge in HA than you. From that point, I would like to thank you so far! I’ll delete the Addon now - maybe there is another way to integrate my Sungrow inverter to HA - I will search for that.