I did it. I defeated the horrible Google Home "cast-start" prompt sound!

Assistant Relay does just that

Yep, I meant more of a native HA feature and not a third party archived addon though! Hopefully one day given it’s used by at least 22% of installations, fingers crossed.

There isn’t an API to do it so this will never end up in HA.

Sorry for jumping into an old thread.

I have the basic automation set up. Triggers every 2 minutes. Condition 5 separate is idle checks (5 google minis) action being then just play mp3 on each mini. This works fine.

But, if one mini is in use, already playing music etc, this automation will stop this. What do i need in place so it’ll play mp3 on all BUT devices that are playing something already?

Conditions are ‘AND’ not ‘OR’, so if you have 5 separate checks as conditions and any one of them doesn’t pass, then it won’t run. You could obviously split this into 5 different automations, which isn’t very elegant but I’m not sure what the best way to solve this would be off hand. You could move a conditional into each of the actions for each of the speakers, so that at that point, the one that wasn’t idle wouldn’t fire maybe?

Hi,
I recently made the switch from Hubitat to HA as Hubitat failed to deliver on several aspects. However, an add-on existed for Hubitat called Google Helper which polled Google servers and kept the devices online every 4 minutes.

In the last iteration of the Hubitat OS, this has been integrated in the core.

Would such a polling of Google not work in HA? I’m no expert, but since it has been invented once, can’t this be transcoded to HA?

Thanks.