I need a trigger when the Ring Doorbell is pushed

I currently have Alexa preform a ding-dong when the Ring Pro Doorbell is pushed. However, there have been many times when Alexa fails me and remains quiet. I would love to integrate this function with HA. Currently, I don’t have a trigger when it is pushed. Can I get one that is not polled? Do you know of a solution for this?

When you go to the device in integrations, is there an option to set up an automation?

I am using the following with a Bluetooth speaker:

- id: '1614355123811'
  alias: Announce someone at the door on Kitchen speaker
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.ring_doorbell_ding
    to: 'on'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: tts.microsoft_say
    data:
      entity_id: media_player.local_md_12
  mode: single

Works well, however sometimes it can be a little delayed, I suspect my internet connection is at fault. I am waiting to see if the Ring Python module gets updated to handle expired tickets correctly (there is an issue open on Github)

Hi
Aware this is an old thread. Commenting on here, as the title is exactly what I am looking for. I want to create a simple automation to send notification to my phone when someone pushes the RING doorbell.
I use the trigger as binory_sensor.ring_doorbell_ding to “On” but this trigger does not work. The automation is working when I try with other triggers, But when I press the ring bell, this automation doesnt fire. Any reason why this is happening? Any way to get this working.?

I also tried the “device” trigger. When I select the Doorbell ding, the options I have are, Gate Ding Occupied, Not Occupied, Motion detected and Motion cleared.

I really want to get this to work as I am looking to setup and actionable notification to open the gate when someone rings the bell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone knows what is the issue here?

There seems to be a problem with the ding entity not updating. I do not know what the solution is.

I also have this same issue. What is the exact trigger being called upon to make the automation work when the button is pressed. I cannot see one that is self evident in terms of when the button is pressed.

Any ideas?

The entity is binary_sensor.ding but it does not work. A github issue was opened last year: