I think Home Assistant just saved my dog's life!

I appreciate your insight, but I was really hoping to hear from the guy who already has one and has it working, rather than some research somebody did. I can do some research as well, but real-world reviews from people who have actually used the product are always more valuable. :slight_smile:

The valve is called Sedna and made by a Canadian company named SInopé. Its zigbee (they also make a wifi variant), it’s 120v powered with battery backup, optional waterflow sensor. Recommended by plumbers here because it’s approved by most insurance companies in Quebec. It does require some plumbing because you have to install a special valve body on your main, it’s not only a cheap motor that you have to install over a regular ball valve. The actuator can be swapped only by removing a quick release pin should the electronics fails. You can also buy an optional handle that you can install instead of the motor with the quick release pin. The plumber who had installed mine said he was installing this valve body for about 20$ on every job he’s doing so his customers can add the 300$ motor later if they wanted. They make 3/4 or 1’’ pipe thread or pex variants and they come with a 3 years warranty. They also have really good customer support.

1 Like

They make some regular type of water leak sensors (the pucks that you have to leave on the floor at strategic locations) but they also make a new type of sensor using a perimeter cable. I have one around my water heater and another one that is running under my kitchen sink, dishwasher and fridge. You can have up to 14 feet of cables on one sensor (2x 7 feet cables connected together on a single leak detector) so I was able to make a ‘‘S’’ shapes with the cable under my fridge, sink and dishwasher to have more surface covered that would normally be with a regular leak sensor.

I’m considering to buy another one to install around my basement sump.

1 Like