I2C stopped working after updating

Hi all,
I have some devices connected vi I2C (MCP23017) which had been working for ages. I remember that I once jumped through hoops to enable I2C.

I updated from 0.103 (? I forget) to 0.115, and while I was at it, updated the host system from 3.5(?) to 4.13

Now my I2C devices don’t work, and I assume I need to jump through the same hoops to re-enable them. That’s a pretty disappointing result for what had otherwise been a seamless upgrade.

Anyone confirm if this is actually the case, or has something else broken too?

I have just updated Supervisor from 0.114.2 to 0.115.4 and also my MCP23017 stopped working. Have the following entry in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.switch
Source: components/mcp23017/switch.py:41
Integration: Switch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:55:18 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:55:18 AM
Error while setting up mcp23017 platform for switch

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 193, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mcp23017/switch.py", line 41, in setup_platform
    i2c = busio.I2C(board.SCL, board.SDA)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/busio.py", line 18, in __init__
    self.init(scl, sda, frequency)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/busio.py", line 38, in init
    from microcontroller.pin import i2cPorts
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/microcontroller/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    elif chip_id == ap_chip.STM32:
AttributeError: module 'adafruit_platformdetect.constants.chips' has no attribute 'STM32'

Any help will be appreciated to fix it.

There is some more info here:

EDIT:
I have downgraded to 0.114.4 and everythig is working fine.
BTW, downgrading is also super easy… HA is Great System !

ah, that’s interesting. I upgraded quite a few versions at once, so it’s good to know I dont need to downgrade very far.

For MCP 23017 integration the latest version 0.117.0 has fixed the I2C issue and for me it is working fine.