iCloud3 v2.1 Device Tracker - iCloud3 v2.2 has been released (10/10/2020)

@bastero
Why don’t you send me an Event Log and I’ll see if I see anything. There is an Export Event Log on the Action Menu.

1. Event Log > Action > Export Event Log.
  2. email me the /config/icloud3-event-log.log file to [email protected] and I’ll see if I can help identify what is going on when I get a chance.

@gcobb321
Thank you, I will repeat the trip and log the event. Appreciate it!

Release Candidate 11h (9/3/2020) is Available

Important Links:

• Download the installation zip file here
  • Full Change Log is here
  • v2.2.0 Documentation is here
  • Installation instructions are here

Changes in this release:

• Themes-Themes-Themes… The Event Log custom card has been revamped to support themes, including the light and dark mode released in HA v0.114, google themes and others found on HACS.
  • If an error was encountered when iCloud3 starts or an Alert message needs to be displayed, an Error/Alert reminder is displayed under the Actions pulldown showing the time of the message. This makes it easier to know an error was encountered and easier to find it in the log.
  • The option ‘Show Startup Events & Errors’ has been added to the Actions pulldown. This filters out tracking events so only the startup events and important messages are displayed.
  • The iOS App State and iC3 Zone will now expand to a 2nd line if the state/zone name is very long.

@gcobb321
I have noticed that on Map (Lovelace) there two device_tracker entities (non _app & _app) of the same person being displayed on the map, i.e. device_tracker.name & device_tracker.name_app are both being displayed simultaneously. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Installed: RC11j-Beta

Because you have 2 device trackers: One that tracks the iOS Home Assistant app, and one that iCloud3 has created. The one that iCloud3 has created basically combines the iOS Home Assistant app location services and iCloud location services. So that gives you much more accuracy.

Thanks… sounds weird that this would be knowing designed in, such that both device trackers show up on the map. Are you seeing the same thing?

@bastero
Normally, both device tracker show the same location so the images overlap each other. iCloud3 is probably getting its location from iCloud and the iOS app isn’t doing anything and has the wrong Location info. Remember, you were having issues with her phone last week when it would never leave home. Try requesting a ios app location request on the Event Log > Actions pull down to see if they sync up.

Thanks Gary, I’ll check on this tomorrow when my wife leaves for work. At the moment the device trackers are not showing up on Map as we are both currently at home.

The issue last week was different i.e. my wife’s iPhone was not transmitting updates from the iOS App, and therefore the iOS App’s state was not being updated, now it working correctly.

@gcobb321
Gary, was able to track movement and the issue (i.e. device_tracker) markers on Map persists even after ‘Requesting iOS App locations’ update.

I ran the Event log request too late and missed the timeline that records the event. Please let me know if you are interested in reviewing this information and I’ll email you the information on the next timeline it happens.

Having two issues with v2.1. Upgraded to 2.1 recently because 2FA was added. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be functioning as the documentation says it does.

Issue 1: “1. Press the Notifications on your Home Assistant screen to open the Notification window. A window is displayed, listing the trusted devices associated with your account. It will list an number (0, 1, 2, etc.) next to the phone number that can receive the text message containing the 2-step authentication code number that is used to authenticate the computer running Home Assistant (your Raspberry Pi for example).”

This doesn’t appear to be happening. I never get prompted.

Issue 2: I cannot get the Debug card to work. Following the instructs to the letter in the docs. I am using HACS. The js appears where it is supposed to. When I try to add the card or reference it manually it is still a no go. I does show up in the Lovelace resource tab if that is any consolation.

Regards,
Ross

iCloud3 Version 2.2.0 - Release Candidate Change Log

Installation Instructions

• Download only changed programs - Download the programs that have been changed into the \config\custom_components\icloud3directory on the device running Home Assistant.

• Download all Release Candidate programs (Recommended) - Click on the icloud3-v2.2.0-rc#.zip zip file. Then click ‘Download’ on the right side of the screen. Then unzip the downloaded zip file into the \config\custom_components\icloud3directory on the device running Home Assistant.

When iCloud3 starts, the icloud3-event-log-card.js file will be copied to the \config\www\custom_cards directory (or the directory you have specified on the event_log_card_directory configuration file parameter).

The documentation for v2.2.0 is undergoing a major reorganization that is a work in process. It can be viewed in the iCloud3-docs repository here.

Release Candidate 12 (9/14/2020)

• Added the age of the Trigger & State Last Changed Time to the iOSApp Monitor Event Log entry to be able to see if the iOS App is actually being updated on a timely basis.
  • Added an Alert to the Event Log if the iOS App Trigger or State has not been updated in 6 hours. This may indicate the device_tracker entity being monitored is wrong.
  • Added back code in v2.1.0 dealing with a Stationary/Zone mismatch that was removed in v2.2.0.
  • A Zone will now be selected if the phone’s distance from the Zone is the same as the zone’s radius. It now matches the in-zone test method used by the iOS App. Previously, the distance from the zone had to be greater than radius…
  • Reformatted some startup event messages for clarity.
  • Reformatted the metric counts in the Event Log for clarity.
  • Changed ‘Show Startup Logs, Errors & Alerts’ to included alerts in the Event Log Action pull down menu. The Alert notification message under Action will now not he displayed if there was a successful location update.

@martoq
v2.1.0 Does not support 2fa, you need to upgrade to v2.2.0. See the latest Release Candidate 12 information above this reply for information and instructions. I would review the complete Change Log in the v2.2.0 Release Candidate directory of the iCloud3 repository to get an idea of everything that has changed.

Regarding the Event Log, Review the v2.2.0 docs also in the above release note . It has more information about getting the Event Log installed and running.

1 Like

I’ll give it a look and report back. Thanks!

Just following up. Up and running 2.2. 2FA worked and Lovelace card works. Now I will start debugging. Excellent work on this! Will let you know if I find any issues.

So far 2.2 is working great. Very impressed by the zoning design. Need to study that more. One issue I have found is it doesn’t appear like the sensor.(phone)_info is being created properly. Other than that everything seems very solid.

@gcobb321 when do you anticipate 2.2 to be updated in HACS, I find it much easier to keep track of updates via HACS and many have configured their integration to support user selection fo stable and beta builds…

Release Candidate 12a is available

iCloud3 Documentation
I’m on the home stretch doing the docs for v2.2.0. I’ve completely reorganized it so more information is available for new users describing what iCloud3 is, how to get ready for it, how to install it and it’s support programs and how to get it up and running.
But I’d like your help reviewing the docs and suggesting corrections, edits, rewording to make it simpler and easier to understand. I’ve read it over so many times, I now need new eyes to look at it. If you feel bored with nothing to do while we all sit home during this pandemic, and want to give me a hand, I’d appreciate it.

The docs can be found here.

I’ve opened up an Issue here for any comments, suggestions, corrections, etc.

Next step for me is wrapping it up, getting HACS updated and on to my next project.

Important Links:

Changes:

• Fixed a ValueError message issue caused by an error retrieving the last trigger time when checking for iOS App updates.
  • Fixed a problem where the stationary timer was not being handled if it was reached and there was a poor gps or old location on the next few polling loops. This kept firing off a Move Into Stat Zone trigger every 15-seconds which were not processed if another trigger came along so it was never reset. It will now retry the Stationary Zone trigger for 2-minutes and then reset everything.
  • Reformatted some monitor messages and added one when the Stationary Zone is reset.
1 Like

I am having an issue with the stationary zone and history on the Lovelace map card.

I have setup a Lovelace map card with my iCloud3 device_tracker as an entity, and hours_to_show: 48 to provide a little history as to where I have been recently. Any time that I have been stationary for long enough to activate the stationary zone there seems to be a link to the stationary zone rather than the actual latitude/longitude of the device in the history. This means that when the stationary zone gets reset to its default location (I move to a different zone, or am moving around) the path on the map ends up going all over the place. For example I am currently on holiday 200 miles from my home, but the path keeps shooting up to the stationary zone reset 1km from my home zone.

This is obviously just a cosmetic issue, as all sensors and automations based on the device_tracker work perfectly, but it is one of the little niggles that I have with my current setup.

Is this caused by the way that iCloud3 stores location in the database whilst in the stationary zone, or is it something to do with the way that the map card pulls the history?

Do you have the stationary zone as an entity on the map card?
The straight lines you’re seeing is the history of the stationary zone moving back and forth from your stationary location to its default location when you exit stationary, not your device.
If you remove the stationary zone entity from your map card you won’t see the stationary zone history, but also won’t see the stationary zone circle around your device when stationary.

Just a quick question when configuring some node-red presence routines. The device track entity seems to have two different sets of variables at two different times and I am confused as to why.

The first is when an entity changes state. When this happens the data path shows up as follows:

But when an entity is “at rest” and you use, say an injector to check on the status of the entity the data path shows as follows: