iCloud3 v2.1 Device Tracker - iCloud3 v2.2 has been released (10/10/2020)

@asierralozano
Do you also have a Home zone set up? Is it in the same location as the Casa zone? Go to HA Sidebar > Developer Tools > Started. Scroll to the bottom and look at the zone Entities.

Cool! Thanks, For info I found the above quote here and here

iCloud3 v2.2 Released

I have updated the iCloud3 GitHub repository with the final Release Candidate and updated HACS so it will be available to everyone. The documentation has also been updated but I’m sure corrections will be needed. I’ll be posting an official announcement tomorrow and creating a new thread on this forum for v2.2. This thread started with the release of v2.1, is getting long and is now out of date.

Critical note if you are using a config_ic3.yaml file for your iCloud3 configuration
If you have are using the config_ic3.yaml file for your iCloud3 configuration and it is in the custom_components/icloud3 directory, HACS will delete it when you do the update. As it turns out, HACS nukes everything in the iCloud3 directory before it does the update. Copy config_ic3.yaml to the directory with your HA configuration.yaml file before you do the update using HACS and iCloud3 will automatically get it from there.

1 Like

Gary - Thank you for all of your efforts on this package. I’m using it every day for tracking for me and my wife and it is absolutely brilliant!!

Thanks for this.
I’ve just installed the HACS version.

A great add-on.

iCloud3 v2.2 was released on 10/10/2020. Since this forum entry deals with v2.1 issues and issues related to the development of v2.2, I have opened a new forum for iCloud3 v2.2 questions, issues, suggestions and comments.

It can be found here.

Thanks for all of your help in completing this project.

Gary Cobb, aka GeeksterGary

Since yesterday I’ve suddenly been being hit with new authentication requests every 12 hours or so. It looks like the native iCloud component is having a similar problem based on a post I saw. Any way to fix this?

1 Like

I have the same issue

Hi Gary

Have emailed you a log to see if you might have any idea why iCloud3 won’t accept my wife’s location as being ‘home’. It detects a mismatch.

Love the tool!

+1 over here. Did you guys figure out a fix yet?

@shiitbiird
If you are referring to Apple’s change to 2fa, the simple answer is no, it’s not going to be easy and it’s going to take some time. If you can create a non-2fa account, you can tie into it with the fmf tracking method that we were forced to do last year when Apple made changes to their security. I used my regular iCloud account this afternoon to test some changes I had made to iCloud3 and was getting login notifications every 3-4 minutes went to my noon-3fa account and things settled down. Who knows for how long. We are at the mercy of Apple it seems.

But stay tuned, we’ll figure out something.

everything is working for me using fmf integration.

@asierralozano
It has to do with the iOS app posts zone’s friendly name as the device tracked attribute while iCloud3 uses the zones actual name. This has been fixed and is in the iCloud3 getting repository v2.2.1 development directory. Download the v2.2.1c zip file, unzip it in the iCloud3 directory and restart HA.

The ICloud3 intergration works very well, but i just no get a warning message about 2 factor authentication. Preceed that, but now I end up with an error:

2020-12-22 12:00:34 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.icloud3.device_tracker]  iCloud3 Setup Error >  > The iOS App device_tracker entity was not found in the Entity Registry.. Device_tracker entities (suffixes) found -
2020-12-22 12:00:34 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.icloud3.device_tracker] string index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/device_tracker.py", line 6038, in _initialize_device_zone_fields
    first_initial = self.fname.get(devicename)[0].lower()
IndexError: string index out of range

This i my configuration.yaml looks like

device_tracker:
  - platform: icloud3
    username: !secret icloud_username
    password: !secret icloud_password
    tracking_method: famshr
    track_devices:
      - iphone
      - rolf_mob
    #--Zone/Tracking Parameters-----------------------------------------
    inzone_interval: '15 min'
    max_interval: '15 min'
    stationary_inzone_interval: '15 min'
    stationary_still_time: '15 min'
    stationary_zone_offset: 1, 0
    travel_time_factor: .6
    waze_region: EU
    unit_of_measurement: km
    time_format: 24

I see that my battery precentage is updated but not the latitude and longitude. Before the 2FA it was working fine. Any idea’s ?

@rolfberkenbosch
What version of iCloud3 are you using? Your problem is probably caused by having the device’s name as ‘iphone’. That text string is removed from the device’s name to create a friendly name so it is ending up with an empty text string causing the error. I just made a change t to iCloud3 to not do that if the name was ‘iphone’.

Download the v2.2.2rc8b from the development directory and see if it fixes your issue. Instructions on doing that are on previous posts above.

I have updated to the latest version en als some RC’s but when I want to “confirm” on the trusted device code it just doesn’t do anything, the popup stays there and I am only able to discard it by pressing X

In the event log it shows me “Verify Trusted Device Id > Invalid Device Id Entered-265541” And I am 100% sure the ID is right, tested with the same settings by logging in at apple (other ID offcourse)

Can you see what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Paul

@SmartWorkx
Reset iCloud to get another authorization code at Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface at the bottom of the list.

Did that and it worked, thanks :slight_smile:

Im using icloud3 v2.3.0 and noticed in the docs the naming of the zone sensors.

https://gcobb321.github.io/icloud3/#/chapters/2.4-sensors?id=zone-sensors

When looking at my sensor zones I still have the original _name, _name1, _name2 and _name3 names as well as the new names.

Is this right or do I need to do something to delete the old naming format?

Thank you.

@denver
I either left those in v2.3 for backward compatibility with automations and scripts or levt them in v2.2 and forgot to remove them on v2.3. Add the following to your configuration file to exclude them:

exclude_sensors: zon1,zon2,zon3,lzon1,lzon2,lzon3

I’ll remove them on the next release or v2.3 update.

1 Like