iCloud3 v2.2.1 Device Tracker-Advanced tracking features, iOS App monitoring

@WiFiNetGuy
Yes. That is the correct file. I updated it with 7z.
I just added a icloud3-v2.3 updated source directory with the 3 updated files and another zip file created by peazip. Maybe that one will work.

1 Like

@WiFiNetGuy
The link that you have in your post is for the GitHub webpage for the file, to download the actual file you have to use the “raw” url, which for the file above would be:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gcobb321/icloud3/blob/ba21836a615d9a7b495458c7e654b943c93577c8/development-v2.3/icloud3-v2.3c.zip

The easiest way that I have found to determine the raw url for a file is to find the file that I want on the GitHub website, and then replace github.com with raw.githubusercontent.com in the url.

@WiFiNetGuy
When I click on the icloud3-v2.3x.zip file in the development-v2.3 directory, GitHub opens a download page. Clicking on download (right side of the screen) opens the ‘save as’ window and then downloads the zip file. If I open it from it’s saved location, everything appears correctly.

I’m on a Win10 PC system so it may be different on a MAC.

So I was right-clicking file from the link I shared above and “saving as…”. When I do that, it won’t open. So I did what you said above and it all worked fine. I was thinking the “Save Link As…” would work, too. Sorry for the confusion.

@gcobb321 Hi Gary, I’m just interested in why this alert happens and what it signifies. It eventually recovered, I’m not sure if it was after a reboot HA or iC3.

Cheers

@gcobb321 With RC2.3c I’m seeing a delta in the value of (km) being displayed/indicated from sensor.garbineiphone_badge , sensor.garbineiphone_zone_distance & sensor.garbineiphone_waze_distance (18.7km) v.s sensor.garbineiphone_calc_distance (14.2km). I have rebooted both HA & iC3 with the distance delta staying constant.

Waze parameters are disabled so I don’t understand where the distance discrepancy comes from.

#--Zone/Tracking Parameters-----------------------------------------
inzone_interval: "30 min"
max_interval: "15 min"
stationary_inzone_interval: "20 min"
stationary_still_time: "8 min"
stationary_zone_offset: 1, 0
center_in_zone: True
#travel_time_factor: .6
#distance_method: waze

#--Accuracy Parameters-------------------------------------
gps_accuracy_threshold: 100
old_location_threshold: "3 min"
ignore_gps_accuracy_inzone: True

#--Waze Parameters-----------------------------------------
#distance_method: waze
#waze_region: US
#waze_min_distance: 1
#waze_max_distance: 9999
#waze_realtime: False

#-- Other Parameters---------------------------------------
#display_text_as:
#  - [email protected] > [email protected]
#  - [email protected] > [email protected]

unit_of_measurement: km

This was not the case previous RC releases. Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Cheers!

I’m running v2.3c1. I’m getting hammered with iCloud authentications every 30-40 minutes. I copied the 2.3c1 files into the correct location. I removed the AppleID file from the iCloud folder. Upon restart of HA, I get an immediate authentication. Then it starts out every 2 hours, then goes to every 30-40 minutes.

I do not have the iCloud integration installed. I removed the iCloud3 integration then reinstalled, then copied the 2.3c1 files into place.

Not sure what else to do.

@WiFiNetGuy
Try this. Go to Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface at the bottom of the list. If it’s not there, you are not running v2.3. You should see the Apple login notification within 30 seconds. Then go through entering the code in the window selected in the HA Notifications area.

OK, something is definitely wrong somewhere in my config. When I scroll to the very bottom of the Event Log card, the very last line says: “Friday, January 8, iCloud3 v2.1 initializing”.

However, I’ve copied the v2.3c1 files into the icloud3 directory under config/custom_components. What am I doing wrong?

• Update *

I hadn’t put the Event Log card in the right place. I have the correct Event Log card now, as I have the Actions button and have “Reset iCloud interface” now. However, I still have the “…iCloud3 v2.1 initializing” at the very bottom of the event log.

When I select the “Reset iCloud interface”, I do not get anything in the notifications area for entering a code.

@WiFiNetGuy
If you look in the v2.3 zip file, you will see 3 files

• icloud3-event-log-card.js
  • device_tracker.py
  • pyicloud_ic3.py

Did you unzip or copy all of them into the /config/custom_components/icloud3 directory? If not, nothing will work. And the version in HACS is v2.2.1. I would suggest you reinstall from HACS and then apply the v2.3 release candidate again to make sure the support files are up to date.

Thanks, Gary. I’ve done what you suggested. I moved the 2.3 files into place. However, my event log shows “initializing iCloud3 v2.2.1a” and not v2.3.

@WiFiNetGuy
Did you restart Home Assistant?

Yes, sir, I did.

@WiFiNetGuy
OK. That must mean the version in the /config/custom_components/icloud3 has a problem or it isn’t really v2.3.

1. go to the icloud3 directory. the device_tracker.py file is a text file. Open it up. If it’s v2.3c, you should see a *VERSION = ‘2.3c’ around line 25. What does yours show?
  2. If it shows 2.3c, there may be some type of compile error so HA is not loading it. Look in the HA Configuration > Logs in the HA sidebar. Does it show any errors related to icloud3 or device_tracker? If so, click on it and it should show the type of error and a line number and some code. What does it show?
  3. Click on the Load Full Home Assistant Log. Scroll down through the log and look for any error messages related to icloud3 or device_tracker. You will see some iCloud3 startup/initialization logs. What is the version displayed there? Does everything look OK?
  4. If everything looks fine, delete the home-assistant.log file and restart Home Assistant. Email the home-assistant.log file to [email protected] so I can take a look at it.Also take a screenshot of the /config/custom_components/icloud3 directory and send to me.

1: Shows v2.3c

2: Did a search for “iCloud3” and “device_tracker”. Both searches returned no results.

3: Only result for icloud3: 2021-01-10 17:41:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for icloud3 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

Search for “device_tracker” returned no results.

4: I’ll do this next.

@WiFiNetGuy
#4. Rather than just sending me the home-assistant. log file, can you zip everything in the config directory and send me that file. That will show how you have set icloud3 up, the directory structure, the log file and anything else I might need.

OK, but my config folder is over 3GB.

I’ll delete my secrets.yaml, configuration.yaml and any other sensitive file from the archive I send you.

@WiFiNetGuy
The screenshot shows that iCloud3 is being loaded from /config/custom_components/icloud3_original, not /config/custom_components/icloud3. That is shown on the line just above the version number. You must have copied the directory with the iCloud3 code to save it at some time and changed to platform: icloud3_original in your configuration.yaml .

The file we have been talking about is in the /config/custom_components/icloud3 directory. Change the platform to platform: icloud3 to load it from the icloud3 directory.