iCloud3 v2.2.1 Device Tracker-Advanced tracking features, iOS App monitoring

What version of iCloud3 are y you running?

Gotchya, that worked. However the distance to my work being reported is off by over 2KM from what is reported by waze.com. I believe it may be still reporting in miles since itā€™s reporting ā€œ3.65 KMā€ when the distance is actually 3.7 M or 5.8 KM.

Ok, setting waze_region: US changes the units to KM. I had it set to wave_region: NA initially which looks like it ignores the unit_of_measurement: setting.

@TheFourDees
Update to v2.3.5. I found a unit_of_measurement km parameter setup error in v2.3.4 that also might be in earlier version.

Yep that appears to have fixed it.

Cheers!

@gcobb321
Hi Gary, Iā€™m currently running V2.3.5. There are two issues that Iā€™m currently experiencing that may be of interest.

1. I left home this morning and the iOS App did not register an exit from the home zone throughout the period I was away. IC3 Zone updated correctly to a Work zone, but only after what appears to be the interval time i.e 30mins.

2. Upon leaving the Work zone again, iC3 remained there and only updated correctly after ~30mins back to the Home zone.

@bastero
Zone enter/exit triggers are generated by the iOS App. If the iOS App doesnā€™t issue one, iC3 will not take the phone out of the zone until the next location request happens. If the iOS App is asleep, off line, has a poor internet connection, in a poor cell zone, etc. that could happen.

You can request a location on the Event Log > Actions list that sometimes, wakes the iOS App up.

@gcobb321 Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated Iā€™ll try what youā€™re suggesting. Cheers

Update: I found the issueā€¦ Iā€™d updated HA to request 2FA on login, but had not re-logged in on the device in question. Once I did that, the device is now updating correctly on iOS App.

Thanks as always for your support and an amazing component!!

Anyone ever get emails like these?

ā€œYour apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud from a web browserā€

No device given, no location given.

The email itself isnā€™t a scam, itā€™s come from Apple for sure and thereā€™s no dodgy link to clickā€¦

I have a feeling itā€™s iCloud3 but not sure. When I login to icloud there are no suspicious devices.

@daneboom
Please post all questions to the v2.3 Forum instead of here. It will make it easier for me. Thanks.

Yes, iCloud will send out an email that someone logged into your account when it was iCloud3 doing an account authentication. The time frame is not specific. It is nothing to be concerned about. When developing the 2fa routines, we would get them to.

I receive them and have set up a filter in my email program (gmail) to delete them and not send them to the inbox.

Anyone know if itā€™s possible to setup an app specific password for iCloud3 ?

No, it itā€™s not. App specific passwords are used by apps. iCloud3 is a program that accesses the iCloud account differently than an app.

BTW, this forum has been closed/not used for a long time. The current forum is the v2.4 one here.