iCloud3 v2.2.1 Device Tracker-Advanced tracking features, iOS App monitoring

Is it possible to use !secret? I sync everything with GitHub and don’t want show my emails and passwords etc… :slight_smile:

@poudenes
Not at this time. Add a feature request for it and I’ll consider it for the next update.

1 Like

Done. Add 2 Feature Requests

Nope - that’s not the case - iOS app installed on both phones. hmmm, I’ll try playing around with the device names.

EDIT: That didn’t work. A thought!! Do the two iOS apps have to be logged in with different usernames to work?? I use the same username to login to both mine and my wife’s iOS apps…

@daneboom
See iCloud3 docs for how device names need to be set up here
See iCloud3 docs for the iOS App here

Is it possible to disable this? cenkay is in family sharing. I use the iOS app.
But he doesn’t use it. Its not a must. But I don’t like errors :slight_smile:

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-12 om 10.45.53

Thanks - renaming my wife’s phone int he entity register caused it to start working for her phone. Bizarrely, mine never needed it doing! No idea why.

Cheers! Seems to be a great tool.

@poudenes
No, since iCloud3 relies on the iOS App to handle Zone Enter/exit and location triggers, the iOS App must be installed on the phone and the device tracker entity for that phone must exist. You can install it, which will create the entity, and set Location Permissions for that phone to Never which will basically turn the iOS App off.

1 Like

My bad…should have studied carefully. Many thanks.

I have 6 notifications in my HA which I am unable to clear nor cull.
Service call issue when I try to clear them; no options for ignoring or culling them.

I am sure I am missing something - just very new to this add-on.

I picked one. Select 1 2 or 3 where Apple must call to. So select your phone and hit Confirm.
Then press X when apple call you. Then you get a new option in notification screen to enter the 6 numbers…

Then everything is done… I Reboot HA and all the configurator options are gone.

@poudenes
Lets open up an issue on the iCloud3 GitHub repository to handle your startup issues and questions rather than continue on this forum. Go here.

@poudenes
@amitseth
@blhoward2
Some of you are having problems authenticating and verifying your iCloud account, the verification goes away or the notification code screens continue to be displayed.

Rather than continue these questions and problems on this forum, I have opened an issue to deal with them all at once. It will make it easier for me to keep track of everything and one solution may apply to all of you having this issue. There are some people using the native iCloud integration having the same problem so it might be something on Apples end… We are the whims of communicating with Apple and iCloud, which I have no control over.

Go here for the issue I’ve opened.

1 Like

How do I go about setting up a near_zone? The documentation doesn’t really cover this. Do I just create it in the zone editor in HA and name it near_zone_home? I need it to trigger quickly when I enter home so that my garage door opens in time.

It’s here. Getting your garage door to open reliably as you approach your driveway has eluded me for a long time. I feel pretty good if my automation works 80% of the time. It’s GPS, your device, and the signal available.

Yes, thanks. That’s how I knew about it but as a user I find that section confusing. Where do I create that zone? Do I have to tell icloud3 about it in the yaml somewhere or do I just create it in HA like any other zone? I see now that there is a reference to zones.yaml, but I don’t even have such a file having created all of my zones in the HA UI. I can obviously look at the HA documentation to make one but do I need to or can I just make in the UI?

PS I really appreciate your work on this. Overall it works great. I just find this one thing to be a hole in the documentation.

@blhoward2
It’s just another zone so create it how you did your other zones. Start its name With near_zone_ like near_zone_home. I put that in a long time ago and haven’t used it for a while. Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t solve your problem. The iOS app has improved in Zone recognition over the past few years. If you are in a poor cell phone area, the phone itself usually doesn’t get a good gps lock either so the location info doesn’t stay current.

I see a funny thing. After i left my house and walk to my work. (yes, walking to work :smiley: ) i see follow thing happen:

1. My zone is correct (Work)
  2. Distance is 0.34km , but actual distance must be 0.63km

So how can it happen that my zone is correct but the distance is incorrect?

Last update:
Discarding > Old.Location-3 min, GPSAccuracy-65m (#12) > GPS-(52.33852, 4.873465)/65m), Located-1:00:41 (3 min ago), OldLocThreshold-3 min

GPS Accuracy is 65m. If i put that to the distance i get 0.40km thats still 200m less than my work distance

Thanks. Yes I recognize the inherent limitations. It worked about 95% with Smartthings so I’m hoping to come close to that.

@poudenes
iCloud3 uses the python distance library to calculate the distance between 2 gps coordinates. It is a line of sight calculation. For more information on how python does this, go here.

Edit: I found a problem with the unit_of_measurement: km config parameter. If it is in the HA configuration.yaml file, the value displayed is correct. If it is in the config_ic3.yaml file, the value displayed is miles with a ‘m’ after it.This has been fixed in v2.2.1c (not updated yet).

Put unit_of_measurement: km in the iCloud3 parameters in the HA configuration.yaml file and see if that displays a correct number.

I used distance on Google maps. So from zone home to zone work is 0.6km.