iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3 Prerelease version is now available

A restart seems to have cleared it, thanks!

Hello, I’ve faced with unstable work of several integrations “icloude3”, “gree” - icloud3 stops tracking devices with **PAUSED** message in the info sensor (‘sensor.iphone_renat_info’ for example); the gree integration controls AC by auto discovered entity and some time device from this integration becomes unavailable also.
Today i’ve started investigation and discovered “icloude3” races with the “mikrotik” integration during creation device_tracker entities and this situation leads to creating a lot of duplicated entities. I’ve already disable device tracking in mikrotik integration and delete all tracked device entities of this integration. But still have a lot of entities generation by icloud3 which can not be deleted via ui or entity purge service call

So, how to remove all entities claimed with “!” ? and how to limit icloud3 for creating entities only specified in config_ic3.yaml?

PS: only ‘icloud3’ platform is configured for device_tracker, so i guess that icloud3 has created all those duplications

device_tracker:
  - platform: icloud3
    username: !secret icloud_user
    password: !secret icloud_ha_password
    exclude_sensors: batstat,lzonn,lzont,name

Hi there,

I’m having an issue with iCloud3 not seeing that I’ve reached home in a timely manner. It’s all over the place - sometimes it’s on the ball and exactly correct, but often times it doesn’t notify of being at home for a minute to three minutes after we’re arrived. I went through my config as I’ve had it installed for some time to make sure things were set right. I’ve made sure the app is installed and everything is what I think - correct. I’ve checked all that location sharing settings in iOS for the HA app as well - they’re all on.

How can I troubleshoot what the problem is?

Here is the current config - with specific details removed of course.

#-- iCloud3 Settings -----------------------------------------
device_tracker:

• platform: icloud3
    username: [email protected]
    password: mypasswordhere

tracking_method: icloud

devices:

#-- General Parameters -----------------------------------------
    event_log_card_directory: ‘www/custom_cards’

#-- Formatting Parameters---------------------------------------
    unit_of_measurement: mi
    time_format: 12
    display_text_as:
    - [email protected] > [email protected]
    - [email protected] > [email protected]

#–Zone/Tracking Parameters-----------------------------------------
    inzone_interval: ‘2 hrs’
    max_interval: ‘4 hrs’
    center_in_zone: False
    stationary_inzone_interval: ‘30 min’
    stationary_still_time: ‘6 min’
    stationary_zone_offset: 1, 0
    travel_time_factor: 0.6
    distance_method: waze

#–Waze Parameters-----------------------------------------
    waze_region: US
    waze_min_distance: 1
    waze_max_distance: 1000
    waze_realtime: True

#–Accuracy Parameters-------------------------------------
    gps_accuracy_threshold: 100
    ignore_gps_accuracy_inzone: True
    old_location_threshold: ‘2 min’

@Allistah The problem probably has to do with poor GPS and GPS errors which can lead to old location being returned from iCloud. The Event Log shows how iClouc3 is responding to the data it received, if it is old, if it is requesting updated data on a varying time frame and if Enter zone triggers are being received from the iOS App.

1. Select Event Log > Action > Show Tracking Monitors to show additional details about what is being read from the iOS App and iCloud Location Svc.
  2. Look for zone Enter Trigger from the iOS App.
  3. Look for Old Location, retrying in xxx messages

@akrigator iCloud3 creates the device_tracker entiity and sensors when it starts. They are not part of list of entities you listed above. If HA is started without iCloud3, the sensors it creates are not created and they will not exist.

The device_tracker entities shows above are probably being created by the other integrations. The easy way to delete them all is check the box at the top left in the heading line. This will select everything. Then click the downward-triangle next to CLEAR on the top right and select ‘delete’. This will delere ONLY the sensors and device_tracker entities with the red ! inside the circle under Status. The valid entities without an error are not deleted.

@gcobb321 I’m seeing a huge battery suck and want to make sure I’ve optimized my settings. Anything stand out here that’s either super good or bad?

inzone_interval: 60 min
max_interval: 4 hrs
center_in_zone: false
stationary_inzone_interval: 30 min
stationary_still_time: 6 min
stationary_zone_offset: 1, 0
travel_time_factor: .6

inzone_intervals:
#  - inzone_interval: 60 min
  - john_mbp: 1 hrs
  - johnwatch: 1 hrs
  - no_iosapp: 60 min

I’ve read and reread the docs and just haven’t fully wrapped my head around what the best practices are. I’m fighting a battle with not being detected upon arrival home.

Anyone? I can’t see anything out of line with the docs - any pro tips would be helpful. Battery suck, and a whole lotta this:

Your config looks fine. The ‘Requesting …’ message looks like it’s in an error recovery loop where gets new location data but the data might be old and unusable. I can’t tell from the image. You can get more detail about what is going on by selecting Event Log > Actions > Show Tracking Monitors.

Are you using the iOS App to trigger zone enter and exit events, along with other location updates?

@gcobb321 I’m using the iOS HA app to trigger zone enter/exit events, yes.

The current Event Log doesn’t have the loop atm, I’ll watch for it to happen again and add in screenshots of the Show Tracking Monitors.

You can also do a Event Log > Actions > Export Event Log which will create an \config\icloud3.event_log.[date-and-time].txt file with all of the event log info. Email the file to [email protected] and I’ll take a quick look at it to see if I notice anything.

@gcobb321 In your inbox, sir. Thank you!

@gcobb321 Update: correcting the name of the errant device (the MacBook Pro) resolved all issues including the retry loop and battery suck.

Right now the only thing plaguing me is a slow reaction time when entering/exiting zones. Is there a config I can tune to improve response time?

@gwp1 iCloud3 checks for those triggers every 5-seconds. I’d look at the iOS App to see how it is reacting. The Debugging screen lets you look at the triggers and events it has detected and reacted to.

I need some help PLEASE!!
I have this on my log:

Logger: custom_components.icloud3.device_tracker
Source: custom_components/icloud3/device_tracker.py:1003
Integration: icloud3 ([documentation](https://gcobb321.github.io/icloud3/#/), [issues](https://github.com/gcobb321/icloud3/issues))
First occurred: 15:53:04 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:53:13

* ^3^iCloud3 Error > Invalid configuration parameter > . • Parameter .. - devices: None . • Valid values - device_name, email, picture, name, inzone_interval, track_from_zone, iosapp_suffix, iosapp_entity, iosapp_installed, noiosapp, no_iosapp. • Resetting to - []
* iCloud3 Setup Error > iluna_67 > The iOS App device_tracker entity was not found in the Entity Registry for this device.
* iCloud3 Setup Error > iluna_69 > The iOS App device_tracker entity was not found in the Entity Registry for this device.
* iCloud3 Setup Error > lunarwatch > The iOS App device_tracker entity was not found in the Entity Registry for this device.
* iCloud3 Error for iPad Mini (icloud3) (iluna_65)/iluna_65 > The iCloud Account for [email protected] did not return any device information for this device.. -------------------------. 1. Restart iCloud3 on the Event_log screen or restart HA.. 2. Verify the devicename on the `devices/device_name: iluna_65` parameter if the error persists.. 3. Refresh the Event Log in your browser to refresh the list of devices.

My devices are named at iCloud as iLuna 67, iLuna69, etc…

What am I doing wrong?

The iCloud3 Event Log shows the actual device names that are in the Family Sharing, Find my Friends and the HA entity registry for the iOS app (Example: iluna_65) that are used to identify the devices.

The docs with example screens are in the iCloud3 docs here.

Rather than use friendly names (iLuna 65) in the config parms, use the coded names (iluna_65) that match the device names shown in the Event Log.

HI All and Hey @gcobb321,

Is there a way to give the device_tracker entities that been created a unique id?
Lots of entities have this and now the entity is not edible because it does not have a unique id.

Maybe a nice tweak/finetune request?

1 Like

This is already in iCloud3 v3

ohh didn’t know there was a v3. Im still using v2.4.7 and there is no update popping up

It hasn’t been released yet. I thought it was done but noticed a few things last night related to entering the iCloud account verification code and the messages in the Event Log. I have started updating the docs but keep getting interrupted by other things.

3 Likes

This has improved dramatically - mind you, I just moved to a new phone and watch pretty seamlessly.