iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3 Prerelease version is now available

@Calzor_Suzay
The device_tracker.calz_iphone is the one created and updated by iCloud3 from data from your iCloud account and the iOS app. The device_tracker.calz_iphone_app is the data from theiOS app. You should not combine both into a group since the iC3 data discards old data, data with poor gps accuracy and monitors zone changes by the iOS app and discards those with poor gps accuracy.

By adding the second tracker, you are introducing errors and not really getting any benefit since that data is already in the first one.

Iā€™ve not added both I was picking the info out of the developer tools and confirming which was best to use.

So far for a person I have the mqtt update then your one.
The documentation here references it choosing them as non-GPS etc but Iā€™m not sure how it would determine this.

Anyway Iā€™ll see how it goes, great deal of info there to be used :grin:

@gcobb321
Thank you very much Gary. I searched everywhere except where I should have :smile:

Much appreciated!!

@Calzor_Suzay
Thanks for your response.

Hey thereā€¦ Been using iCloud3 for a while. Back when FamilySharing worked. I just went in to see why my wife phone is not being tracked and I can see that in the iCloud3 log, all of my devices on my account are listed but not my wifeā€™s. How do I track my device and her device at the same time and only specify a single account in the config file?

@Allistah
Add your wife to your iCloud account. See here in the iCloud3 docs for more info.

Hey Gary - thanks for the reply - hope youā€™re doing well. :slight_smile:

Huh, I think her/my iCloud account was glitched or something. On her phone she was already sharing her location with me. I opened my entry up on her phone and clicked ā€œStop Sharing My Locationā€. Then I re-shared her location with me. Restarted iCloud3 and boom - works. So even though it was shared with me indefinitely, it wasnā€™t really. Unsharing and resharing fixed it. Thanks Gary!

How would you go about adding your apple watch to this? I tried adding it to track_devices in configuration.yaml and it shows in find my. But getting this error when starting Icloud3
ā€œCloud setup error > liams_apple_watch The iOS app device_tracker entity was not found in the Entity Registry for this deviceā€

Add the ā€˜noiosapp: Trueā€™ parameter to your config file where you set up the watch device_name. See the iCloud3 docs for more info here. Then, iCloud3 will not monitor the iOS app, which is not installed in the watch and not give you that error message.

1 Like

iCloud3 v2.4.1 Maintenance Release is now available
This release addresses the following issues:

• Fixed a bug where the ā€˜create_sensorā€™ was not creating any sensors and the ā€˜exclude_sensorā€™ was not excluding the specified sensors.
  • Fixed coding spelling error bugs related to (1) iCloud 2fa reauthorization requests after a failed authorization and (2) determining if a beta version of the the Event Log was installed that needed to be updated when iCloud3 was starting.

Hi @gcobb321
Has Waze recently stopped offering AU as a region, or is this an iCloud3 change?

Iā€™m getting this error after the last couple of iCloud3 releases:

Logger: custom_components.icloud3.device_tracker
Source: custom_components/icloud3/device_tracker.py:9071
Integration: icloud3 (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:23:45 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:23:45 AM

^3^iCloud3 Error > Invalid configuration parameter > . ā€¢ Parameter .. - waze_region: AU . ā€¢ Valid values - US, NA, EU, IS, us, na, eu, is. ā€¢ Resetting to - US

@scotty1395
I do not know if Waze is working in AU. Another user has the same problem and tried using EU and it worried. For your error message, it it looks like AU needs to be added to the list of valid values. Iā€™ll do that and reissue the update.

Thanks Gary. AU has worked in the past so that should fix it.

@scotty1395
I have uploaded v2.4.2 to the iCloud3 development directory here with the Waze AU fix. It passes the iCloud3 parameter verification but I can not test it to see if AU works with Waze. It should.

Download the zip file and unzip it into the custom_components/icloud3 directory. Change your Waze region to AU and make sure it gives valid route info. Let me know everything is OK and Iā€™ll then update HACS.

Thanks Gary. That fixed it.

Much appreciated!

Fixed it for me as well! Thanks Gary.

Just installed iCloud3, but 3 out of 4 tracked devices I get Excessive Errors on after a while. I can see that the Discarded Updates all have passed 400ā€¦
Is there anything to do about this ?

@larronni
The discarded events, with the reason, is in the Event Log. It can be anything from GPS Accuracy errors, old location data or something else. If it is GPS Accuracy, set the value to a higher number and restart iCloud3 on Event Log > Actions > Restart. See the iCloud3 docs here.

Hi Gary, thanks again, couple of questions if I may?

1. Sometimes, not very often, (at random) I get iCloud authentication requests on my iPhone ā€œa device is trying to sign into iCloud near XYZ, do you agree?ā€ now because this is totally unexpected - I always deny these. I then login to HA and see that, based on the log, it most likely was iC3 making the request. How would you recommend I deal with these in future? I canā€™t always login to HA when they come in and I THINK they dominate the focus until you answer the question.

2. I frequently find when I try to login to iCloud on a web browser that my account is locked and has to have its password reset. Do you think this is because sometimes Iā€™m not answering those iC3 questions?

3. Is there any way to re-fire the multi factor authentication request if youā€™ve had one that youā€™ve ignored for whatever reason (eg being unsure WHO was making the request?)

thanks

@daneboom

1. The authentication request is being sent by iCloud are normal and part of the authentication process used by iCloud3. You should accept them rather than serving them. They will then give you the 6-digit code that is entered into the HA Notification window that authorizes access to your iCloud account. Remember, you have 2fa on on your account so no one unauthorized can access it.
  2. When you deny them, it will lock your account. iCloud3 will continue to be able to access your location info but if you donā€™t authenticate the access, the requests will continue. iCloud will ask for a authentication every few month or so. This is normal.
  3. Request a reauthentication are Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface. That will delete the cookie files iCloud3 uses for authentication and immediately request a new authentication code from Apple that is entered into the HA Notifications screen.

You may also get an email from Apple that someone has accessed your account. You can tell itā€™s iCloud3 because it says a browser accessed it, not an app. Ignore those emails. I have set up an email filter that atomically delete them.