Identifying entity_id which triggered template binary sensor

So I have a number of like sensors (water leak), for which I would prefer to simply be able to setup a single alert on to cover them all, by listing out the sensor entity_ids to watch, however I don’t think alerts can have more than one entity_id (but I have put in a feature request for this - seems like it would solve several, simple use cases, which currently require much more complex templating abstractions and/or automations).

So instead I have setup what many folks suggest, a single template binary sensor which acts as a rollup of several actual (mqtt) binary sensors. Then I setup the single alert on this single template binary sensor.
However, what I’m trying to figure out is how can I get the source sensor information (e.g. name/id) in the alert? Is there some way to access or determine the caller/notifier entity object, i.e. as alert I want to know who triggered me? I assume this is statically known as you setup an alert with exactly one entity_id, so then the question becomes, as a template binary sensor, how do I know which of N source sensors triggered it?

It does seem possible to perhaps setup an attribute template to pass this info, but is it possible to determine which entity is triggering it (without basically lots of duplication of conditional logic which is already in the value_template)?

Anyone have any ideas for elegant configuration which tries to avoid lots of static duplications?

Rather old but I am doing something similar and I think you have to do the latter in my post here: