IFTTT - Automation with unsupported action

Please help !

After update hassio from 0.94 to 096.3, the automation of IFTTT can’t work, it said that the action is unsupported.

You’re just showing us a automation without showing what’s coming through as a service. No way to help without seeing what is being sent in this object {{ trigger.event.data.service }}

But I follow the instruction (Sending events from IFTTT to Home Assistant) at https://www.home-assistant.io/components/ifttt/
This automation is still run at version 0.94.
After updated to 0.96,3, it occur error as below

Ok, but you still haven’t shown us the body of the webhook. So how are we supposed to help you? The service is coming from the body. The error your are getting is about the service, specifically the value attribute. So again, how can we help you if we can’t see what’s coming in?

1. We need to know what service you’re passing though.
  2. Then we can decide weather value is valid for said service.

Right now, Home assistant is saying that value isn’t valid in some way shape or form for the supplied service.

I am having a similar problem. But my error is 'extra keys not allowed @data[‘action’]. Here is what I have in automations.yaml:

• id: ‘123456798’
    alias: Automate IFTTT
    trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: ifttt_webhook_received
    event_data:
    action: call_service
    action:
    service_template: ‘{{ trigger.event.data.service }}’
    data_template:
    entity_id: ‘{{ trigger.event.data.entity_id }}’

and here is my Webhook body:

{ “action”: “call_service”, “service”: “script.turn_on”, “entity_id”: “script.test_telegram” }

I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong…can anyone help?

I’m guessing your spacing is off but you didn’t format your code.

Take a look at this thread, step 11 to figure out how to properly format code. Then edit your post to format it properly. Once that happens, I can help you out.

- id: '1563986874121'
  trigger:
    event_data:
      action: call_service
  action:
    service_template: '{{ trigger.event.data.service }}'
    data_template:
      entity_id: '{{ trigger.event.data.entity_id }}'

sorry. I didn’t realize when I pasted my code into here that it would remove the spacing. But above is what is actually in my automations.yaml

Do you have any other automations that look similar? This automation’s spacing and format look correct and your webhook is set up properly. I don’t see anything wrong with this automation.

the only difference in formating that I can see from other automations is the use of -

- id: '123456789'
  alias: XXXX is at the house
  trigger:
  - entity_id: person.xxxx
    platform: state
    to: home
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      target:
      - '123456789'
    service: notify.discord

I have tried adding - to the platform and action lines but it made no difference.
When I use developer options, service ifttt.trigger and enter service data {"action": "call_service", "service": "input_boolean.turn_on", "entity_id": "input_boolean.person_home"} I get the error 'extra keys not allowed @data[‘action’]

what’s directly after the automation in question?

Also, what does this do?

- id: '1563986874121'
  trigger:
  condition:
    - condition: template
      value_template: >
        {{ trigger.event.data.action == 'call_service' }}
  action:
    service_template: '{{ trigger.event.data.service }}'
    data_template:
      entity_id: '{{ trigger.event.data.entity_id }}'

That automation is the last one in my automations.yaml so nothing is after it. Do you want me to replace my automation with the one you wrote above and test it?

Using your code gives me the same error.

Can you paste the full error from the logs?

2019-07-25 15:33:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1798770128] extra keys not allowed @ data[‘action’]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 121, in handle_call_service
connection.context(msg))
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1130, in async_call
processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 267, in call
return self._compiled([], data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 589, in validate_dict
return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 427, in validate_mapping
raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘action’]

And when you remove this automation does this error still persist? I don’t see how this error points to this automation at all.