Ifttt integration

Hi,

I’m have some issues while integrating ifttt…

I have connect to Webhooks in IFTTT, get my API Key and setup Home Assistant. This part is OK.

But when I try to follow the integration process, I can’t find the “Make a web request” action.

To send events to Home Assistant, you will need to use the “Make a web request” action from the IFTTT Webhook applet.

Fill in the following info:

• URL: https://*******:8123/api/webhook/********
  • Method: POST
  • Content Type: application/json

It seems the iftttt page has changed. Can you help me to configure my ifttt ? Many thanks.

Go to https://ifttt.com/create

Fill in the “This” part. When you get to the “That” part, search for Webhooks, click on it, then click on “Make a web request”, then fill it out per the info from the HA Integrations page.

Thanks, I have just understand how it works to received events from IFTTT :slight_smile:

Now I’m trying to send an event to ifttt with a switch on HASS.
Do I need to use a special switch type like command_line switch or there is a better option ?

Thanks.

Have you read the instructions?

Once you have everything configured in IFTTT & HA, then you use the ifttt.trigger service, as explained in the above instructions.

I have read, but I have some difficulties to understand how it works. Thanks for your help, I will dig with ifttt.trigger to send event to IFTTT.

Can this integration work with HA Cloud? Only asking because the docs suggest we need to have base_url in our config, but that gets removed to use HA Cloud.

I must add that I don’t feel that the docs are too comprehensive…it doesn’t say anything about needing to select the medthod ‘POST’. Not sure where @Minims even got that text from. Where do you get the rest of that URL with the '/api/webhook/**** ’ from? What do I put in place of the ‘****’?

This was given when I add the Integration of IFTTT from the home assistant interface.

I got mine IFTTT working by following this guide. Been working fine perfect

Yep, I agree, the HA doc page for IFTTT is a bit lacking and out of date. It could use a good overhaul. Even though I finally figured out how to get everything working, if I go back and read the doc page again after a while, I’m confused all over again.

I reckon 50 to 55% of writing any software is the documentation that goes with it. I’m appalling at documentation (fairly good memory and sheer laziness are my excuses). I would however help edit (check language and syntax etc.) such a work from someone who knew one end of a horses… Well you get the idea.
Know anyone who understands the ifttt integration?

New question 0.100 change from son to yams for call service. Do we need to update ifttt POST command ? and will it work ?

{ "action": "call_service", "service": "light.turn_on", "entity_id": "light.living_room" }

to

"action": "call_service"
"service": "light.turn_on"
"entity_id": "light.living_room"

The notes say JSON will still work
By the time it’s fully deprecated (don’t hold your breath)
There will be lots of documentation and assistance

The change noted in the 0.100 release notes refers to how the HA frontend (UI) is used. But I think you’re asking about how you configure IFTTT. Those are two different things.