IKEA Tradfri On/Off Switch only appears in HA as battery level

I’ve never had luck listening for “zha_events”. Try listening for all events “*” instead, and see if you get it. (You’ll be flooded with events, though.)
-David

All my Ikea buttons of this type just stopped working yesterday. Coincidently after I upgraded to the new HA release. I wonder if something broke due to the new release. I get the exact same behavior, where the buttons do properly bind, but button presses are no longer being registered. I am using the Sonoff Zigbee dongle, with the latest coordinator FW (CC1352/CC2652, Z-Stack 3.30+ (build 20221226)). and using ZHA.

I tried removing, rebinding, rebinding directly to the coordinator, rebinding via a router device, reconfiguring after binding, … No luck so far. The button presses no longer come through. Nothing noteworthy appears in the logs. If someone has any ideas?

EDIT: Seems indeed something broke in the latest HA release. Devs seem to be aware and are working on it.

Yep, am using the latest coordinator firmware, I also switched my sonoff coordinator to the home assistant sky connect adapter using the built in backup / migrate radio.

All other devices work, tried removing, re-adding, re-configuring the ikea switch, not a whisper, nothing detected whatsoever on button presses from this device.

I suspect others will start discovering that this no longer works in the latest releases.

For me, they started working again in release 2023.4.2. The ones I never tried to repair after installing 2023.4.0 just resumed working without any intervention. The 2 I started playing with when they stopped working somehow didn’t. I had to remove those 2 devices from ZHA, rebooted my whole HA instance, and then just repaired them. They started working again.

Hope it works for you as well.