IKEA Tradfri open/close remote

Same problem here using remote E1766.
Anyone knows if they are supported?

To get the open close to work with the blind you need to add the blind to a zigbee group then bind the button to that group using windowshade then it will control it.

1 Like

Thanks a mil @Blair_Pollard, that makes them usable at least with the blinds.
However, you don’t really have control over the closed percentage unlike with custom scripts where you can say: “close to X%”. Any workaround for this?

E1766 not visible as a switch in HA (deconz). But it’s possible to make a automation.

1 Like

Hi @Blair_Pollard, could you please share some additional details? I was trying to follow your instructions, so I created a group with blind, and the for the remote went group binding, selected my group from “Bindable Groups”, and checked “WindowCovering”.

When I click “BIND GROUP”, it does not like anything is happening

You need to make sure the button is awake i spam the buttons whilst spamming bind,

Thanks a lot! I got it working.

Do you know, if the open /close remote can be used for light groups, as on/off switch?
After using same open/close remote for multiple shades, I have some extra ones, and was thinking, if I can find some other use for them?

Another question, with the remote multiple shades on a group are opening/closing together, at the same time.

With the basic automation, where they are listed individually, they are going one after another one, and some times one if the shades does not move at all.

Is there a way to get the shades move them together with automation?

Hi @Blair_Pollard and @ramiroasl , I’m trying to bind one of my open/close remotes doing as Blair said but I cannot get to do it. I do have a group of 2 Fyrtur blinds to be controlled, and I’ve got 2 open/close remotes discovered in Deconz that I could bind to that group but when I tried to edit the group adding a switch, I get this screen:

So I cannot bind it this way. I have read in another related post:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ikea-fyrtur-with-deconz-and-ikea-remote/201502/7

In that thread, @Robban suggested to bind it accessing from the old interface, but when I do so, somehow it seems that I have the same problem.

Maybe I’m not doing something easy right, but I ask for your help because I cannot find a way to bind a remote to a ‘light’ group. Thanks for your help!!.

I forgot to say that I have also tried the automation method with events from HA and it worked well for open or close the covers. However, I’ve tried to use a long button press (1003 or 2003) for calling the service cover.stop, but it didn’t work: it seems that it also triggers somehow 1002 or 2002 events, and then it does not behave as expected.
I also thought of using the new restart mode for automations. But I didn’t knwo how to do that consecutive button pushes called another service(cover.stop).
So, I can make the cover go up or down completely but not to stop it with another push and thus, I was looking for the other method (deconz direct connection between the blinds and the remote).

The method I described was for ZHA not tried in deconz sorry

I am also using ZHA and I am looking to pair the remote with the blinds but I can’t seem to find the windowshade you mention. Can you please explain the steps in more detail or add screenshots? Thx in advance!

You need to create a group so go to ZHA then configure in integrations page then groups then create a new group and add in the blind or blinds.

Then go back to devices for ZHA and find the remote then go to manage clusters button

Then you will see this screen select your group and tick window covering and then press bind whilst also pressing the remote.

Without using groups they will never be I sync as it will send commands out in serial so they will move one after the other.

Use the group and bind the remote.

@Blair_Pollard thx for the information, your steps worked but I do a question related to delay, I am not sure if you are also experiencing it.

In the video below you can see both of the start going down almost instantly but when I click the ‘stop’ button the left one take a couple seconds longer to stop. When I want them to both go up, the left one takes almost 4 seconds longer to get going, are you experiencing similar behaviour?

I am not sure if the delay has something to do we my zigbee network quality as the ikea bulb you see below always reacts instantly.

In the package from Ikea there was also a signal repeater included, I reset the repeater and have it plugged in an outlet nearby but I am not sure if I need further bindings to ensure it actually repeating. I would assume that’s it just works out of the box when reset as it just needs to repeat the zigbee messages.

I had same issue no idea why and I reported it to ZHA Devs they didn’t believe me and didn’t care.

There is an issue with ZHA and these blinds it has never been reliable.

So you still have the delay or moved on to another solution?

Currently I don’t have any delay but I’m only using one blind.

1 Like

I have the same problem, the ikea remotes just don’t interact with ZHA after being paired… how do i fix this? Im not using ikea blinds anymore, i just want to use the remotes to trigger some scripts.

2 Likes

excellent, thanks @Blair_Pollard, worked perfectly