IKEA TRADFRI Remote (5 button version) through ZHA events

How many devices do you have connected? I have about 41 devices connected to a Conbee II but used to have them on a Sonoff CC2531. Both are able to handle them all.

OMG. I only have 8 leak detectors and two repeaters. So most probably that’s not the case. I am really lost now :disappointed: :disappointed: Don’t know where to start getting hold of this!!!

Try the zigbee2mqtt addon to confirm the remote works as expected. To do this, you need to remove the zha first.

1 Like

That’s what I have to do, probably. I am still confused what’s different in my setup for it not to work. This has to wait as it needs some time which I don’t have now!
Thank you very much for all the help you’ve provided so far.

I think I know what’s happening. See below. None of the clusters are not binding or registering. Would you be able to check one for me? I got this by clicking reconfigure device link on the device page and show details link. For some reason, the remote keeps binding to the TRADFRI repeater no matter how close I keep it to Sonoff CC 2531 stick.

Did you ever get this working? I am having the exact same problem using the Sonoff CC 2531 stick and not being able to get the Tradfri remote working/cant see any events

Sadly, No. I am going to replace the ZigBee stick as it is not recommended for ZHA.

Ok I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do that but I guess i will. At least I didnt waste a lot of money on it!

I had the same problem as yours, the problem and its cheap solution, at least if you have a Raspberry Pi and a soldering iron, are described in this video, IKEA Zigbee remotes - upgrading CC2531 firmware and in this blog post, Flashing CC2531 without CC Debugger. My CC2531 USB Dongle worked like a charm after the upgrade, at first I used it with Zigbee2MQTT but now I’m using ZHA.

I can confirm that this also worked for me. Not right away though, I had to add the remote control several times without removing it.