Ikea Tradfri Status

@lwis & @NovapaX or anyone with an Ikea setup…

Whats the status of Ikea support? From the looks of things…

• White bulbs (should still be) supported
  • Color bulbs supported
  • Sensors are now supported

What sensors are supported and what are their functionality. The docs are rather sparse.

Hi silvrr,
i’m using ikea bulbs but only white ones. The HA integration is perfect, you can change the brightness, rgb color (but my bulbs can’t) and color_temp.
Below an example of bulbs attribute:
rgb_color: 255,206,119
color_temp: 370
brightness: 254
friendly_name: Ingresso
supported_features: 33
and sensor are used to show attribute of switch or dimmer, the only one i use is the % of battery, another example, this is the sensor:

unit_of_measurement: %
manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
friendly_name: Ingresso
model_number: TRADFRI remote control
power_source: Battery
battery_level: 100
firmware_version: 1.2.214
serial:

Davide

I have white (temperature tunable) bulbs that work great and the remote is nice.

I can pull the remotes battery level using a template sensor. I’m not sure what the sensor platform does that you can already do. I was hoping the ikea PIR sensors were now supported.

For anyone with the RGB bulbs, how is the integration? I have some WiFi bulbs now but if the TRÅDFRI bulbs work well I would be interested in switching.

I’m really liking mine! Response time is like an analog switch, easy to manipulate in HA, and the UI is lovely :slight_smile:

I’ll be getting more.

1 Like

Sensors don’t and may never support events (click/activity/etc), just passive state information such as battery.

All bulbs should be working correctly as of the latest update.

Battery information was already supported since 0.5x so what’s new about the sensors in 0.67 then?
There was a HA user who succeeded retrieving the sensor events. I joped this was implemented now in 0.67

Do you have a link? I’ve never been successful.

I’m not aware of any changes to sensors in 0.67, and I made all the changes to tradfri in 0.67 :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re using custom ZigBee sticks to directly interface with the device(s). This isn’t supported by the gateway.

Hi all!

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I see a very strange behaviour…

My RGB bulbs (IKEA 004.086.12, 600 lumen) cannot change white temperature.

In Home Assistant I see a screen identical to the one showed here in comments but without Color Temperature (I can just choose colors).

This is the same for 3 different bulbs of the same kind.

I tried removing - readding the bulbs several times but no joy.

Do you have any suggestions I could try?

Thanks!