IKEA Vindriktning Air Quality Sensor

Did you put it inside the Vindriktning case?

Both…
1 is connected directly to the pm sensor.
1 is connected to IKEA pcb (inside)
1 is connected to IKEA pcb outside the case.

Can you show some photos…how you fit everything (ESP, PMS5003) inside the case?

I dont use the IKEA case. Bought from amazon some plastic housings.

Edit: But you gave me an idea… Will try to fit the PMS and EPS in the IKEA housing… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okey… That was easy…
It fits inside the IKEA housing IF you remove the plastics that holds the old sensor…
See this:

2 Likes
9 Likes

I also added an ESP8266 / Wemos D1 to this air quality sensor. I find that I have to power cycle the device now and then as the readings go up and stay up. After the power cycle they settle down (for a week or two).

Here is the card I setup if anyone is interested:

vindriktning-screenshot

6 Likes

Do you reboot the esp using esphome::restart?

The ESP is fine, its the Vindriktning that requires power cycling. I even removed the ESP completely and observed the same behavior. Light stays Red even through my other AQI sensors (BME680, Ecowitt WH41, and AirNow) are showing good air quality. Perhaps I got a buggy unit.

and it still connects to the ikea(LED)-board as well? :thinking:

1 Like

Nope… Throw that away… :stuck_out_tongue:

What type of card are you using here?

mini-graph-card, basically my favorite custom graph!

Thought this was interesting… Working from Home. I was downstairs when I started to smell burning plastic. I had started a load of dishing washing earlier in the morning and something plastic fell out during the wash. In the dry cycle it was laying ontop of the drying element and started to melt. Which is what I was smelling. I went upstairs and there was some light smoke but not heavy at all. There was no smoke alarms set off. But I noticed that the Vindriktning which is just outside of the kitchen area was RED…

I just got it this week and had planned on doing the esp8266 mod this weekend. Guess had I done it earlier I could have setup a automation when it went over a level to let me know over the Google speaker that something was a miss with the air quality upstairs.

3 Likes

able to share your EPS32 code? Thank you!

Nope, tried to resolder but nothing. How about you?

Finally everything (seems) to work! LED control… i own you now! ahah

With some hacks on the pcb I can get PM2.5, control LED separately, get a quiet fan and trough ESPHome get all functions in Home Assistant! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

yes i did it :wink:

I like your setup. Gonna try it. Can you take a photo of that vent hole for the MQ-9 you made?

Yes, please share you code for the led control.

2 Likes