I'm moving to a new server, what's the latest advice?

Make a backup in ZHA, migrate radio on the yellow.

If using Zigbee2mqtt, just copy over your data folder.

1 Like

Just one final thing I wanted to mention, because everyoneā€™s asking why I went for the Yellow (like for like) and not something else: I like to support HA in whatever way I can. Thatā€™s why I purchased the Skyconnect and subscribe to Home Assistant Cloud. I figured I havenā€™t contributed any money this year and the Yellow seems to tick all my boxes. So, thatā€™s why.

1 Like

Just to follow up, the Yellow arrived yesterday. The wife and a grandchild went off to the cinema (Inside Out 2) and by the time they came back, the new (quieter) server was assembled, running and mostly configured. The backup restored fine and I just kept the Skyconnect for now for Zigbee, so no migration needed. The Z-Wave devices (eventually) all came across too.

I decided, in the end, to go with HAOS and see what itā€™s like compared with a container install. That means Iā€™m in somewhat unfamiliar territory, but Iā€™m figuring it out. I have all of the services that were in my compose.yml migrated over to add-ons, including Node Red (once I figured out how to turn on projects).

Music Assistant is giving me some grief ā€“ it seems to crash when browsing radio stations and is hitting the rate limiter with Spotify, but Iā€™ll ask about those issues elsewhere.

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

best of luck!