Imagine getting ESP-Home on this device

(13) 2.1-Inch Round Display with Magnetic Encoder Knob #ESP32S3 - YouTube

2.1 Inch 480*480 Circular Ips Color Lcd Display And Magnetic Encoder Knob Esp32-s3 Module N16r8 Ips Display St7701 2.4g Wi­fi - Integrated Circuits - AliExpress

4 Likes

Working on it.

Found an LVGL library for esphome (super easy to create ui’s with LVGL and Squareline Studio). But this SPI chip isn’t supported by the default eSPI library used, so it doesn’t work.

I’m currently trying to program it using Arduino IDE with MQTT/REST API to get it working as a thermostat.

3 Likes

Can you share the library link please?

Already a thread on this, but yes, this on ESPHome would be fantastic.

Link:

But like I mentioned, the SPI chip for the display is not supported by the eSPI library used.
You can modify the code to work with this library, but it’s quite a hastle:

1 Like

Did you get it working in ESPHOME?

Some more recent work can be found from @lukasz-tuz :point_down:

1 Like

Thanks for pulling me in to this thread :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A year ago or so I wanted to build a rotary device like this on my own, using 3D printed chassis and ESPHome - because I couldn’t find an off the shelf one.

Built a custom PCB with an esp module, printed a chassis, but kinda failed on the mechanics of it :laughing: Fast forward a few months and these are all over the internet, on the cheap side, no less. Progress!

Still, I’d love to have one of these devices working with ESPHome and lvgl. It’ll take time, but we’ll get there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How would one go about trying to use the Arduino_GFX lib in esphome?