Imou Life - cloud integration

Got the error too but webhook works fine💪

With version 1.0.8 this bug should have been fixed, regardless if you have already upgraded to 1.0.7 or not :slight_smile:
Thanks

2 Likes

in the imou app i have 5 cameras with saved camera position. i think its called presets. is there any chance to get these position?

THX

good job @user2684
I have an imou cruiser 4MP, after recovering the keys by registering the app, I did the setup without any problems and it recognized 23 entities.
I’m also very interested in having the presets or have the PTZ comand, because being able to move the cam from Home Assistant is something I really miss.

Can’t you do this by adding it via onvif ?

No, no, through onvif I only see the two video streams, no PTZ end no preset

Ptz is working via onvif. If I will be at home I Will share the code

As far as I know PTZ in onvif works by calling a service but I do not have a camera supporting it to confirm

Back to PTZ/Preset discussion. After some research (and also because I do not have a camera supporting it for running some tests), apparently (ONVIF - Home Assistant) both PTZ and presets are available through the onvif integration (and I assume all of you have onvif configured to watch live videos). Can anybody confirm? The principle here has always been to avoid replicating functionalities already available in other integrations but want to be sure I’m not missing something. Thanks

Yes presets and ptz can work via onvif, but imou cameras not work with onvif presets. I guess onvif camera need absolutemove to call presets but imou only works with continousmove

Thanks. Looking at the API I see the capability to move to an absolute position (controlLocationPTZ:PTZ positioning interface · Development documentation) or to control tilt/pan/etc (controlMovePTZ:PTZ mobile control interface · Development documentation) but I see nothing about presets. I wonder if this is more kind of a local setting to the Imou Life App which based on the preset saved locally, calls the APIs.

For me the loveance card looks like:

type: picture-glance
entities:
  - entity: camera.fynncam_profile000
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: onvif.ptz
      service_data:
        pan: LEFT
        speed: 1
        distance: 0.5
        move_mode: ContinuousMove
      target:
        entity_id: camera.fynncam_profile000
    name: Pan Left
    show_state: false
    icon: mdi:arrow-left
    show_icon: true
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        tilt: UP
        distance: 0.3
      target:
    name: Pan Up
    icon: mdi:arrow-up
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        pan: RIGHT
        distance: 0.5
      target:
    name: Pan right
    icon: mdi:arrow-right
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        tilt: DOWN
        distance: 0.3
      target:
    name: Pan down
    icon: mdi:arrow-down
camera_image: camera.camfynn
camera_view: live

I had already tried these instructions, but evidently they are not supported by my ipcam.
The cruiser supports moving via app, but if I try to use the code you posted, nothing happens and I have this content in the logs.

Logger: homeassistant.components.onvif
Source: components/onvif/device.py:401
Integration: ONVIF (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 14:37:42 (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:38:17

ContinuousMove not supported on device ‘cruiser’

And you are sure you are using the correct camera entity? I mean; it is not supported on the cruiser but you must use the profile000 entity.

Version 1.0.9 just released should make everybody’s happy with PTZ support directly in the integration :slight_smile: In more details:

• Added PTZ support, exposed as imou_life.ptz_location and imou_life.ptz_move services
  • Added Camera entity, used for invoking the PTZ services

Please note the camera entity is neither showing an image preview nor has ability to stream the video. It is just there for facilitating interacting with the PTZ services.
More details on how it works, expected parameters and troubleshooting and how to use this functionality to emulate presets, have a look here: GitHub - user2684/imou_life: Home Assistant custom component for controlling Imou devices

yes, I tried with both entities onvif and with all the move_modes indicated on the integration page

I guess you are in luck, 1.0.9 just got released with PTZ options.

thanks @user2684 and @mhoogenbosch ,
i tried the two options in the services, but i could only get imou_life.ptz_move to work.
This is the code I put in a card and it works correctly (cruiser is camera from onvif and portone is camera from imou_life integration)

type: picture-glance
entities:
  - entity: camera.cruiser_profile000
    tap_action:
      service: imou_life.ptz_move
      data:
        operation: LEFT
        duration: 200
      target:
        entity_id: camera.portone_camera
    name: Pan Left
    icon: mdi:arrow-left

I couldn’t find the correct parameters to make imou_life.ptz_location work.
What options do you recommend to try?

1 Like

ptz_location requires 3 parameters:

• horizontal which is a float between -1 and 1 (I assume 0 is the center, -1 all left, 1 all right or something like that)
  • vertical, always a float -1 to 1, similar to the above
  • zoom still float, between 0 (no zoom), 1 max zoom

Unfortunately I could not test any of those so would be great if you can confirm they work and if not if you can share any error from the logs :slight_smile:
Thanks

Work in service, not in lovelace. Show an error :frowning:
Wait for an upgrade.