Implementation of Somfy Connexoon IO

Pity. It makes no big advantage to order IO series in comparison to RTS (433) series with respect to integration into HASS. I think it is a big Somfy mistake not to take Z-Wave or Zigbee as a communication protocol. For example they could have taken advantage from ZLL the same way as IKEA does for its devices (with a difference that one cannot control a motor from both remote and wind sensor – that would require a hub).
Maybe they are better alternatives for Somfy in respect to integration with 3rd party software?

HI, like I said I would not buy this product again.
Not aware of any other form of integration.
If you’re looking for curtains, why dont just get these:

They come with tuya, but as you can see you can easily add tasmota for FULL local control

Thanks for information. Indeed there are couple of motors for curtains like Xiaomi Aqara, but for sun shields… I haven’t found anything yet.

There are, see below

Thanks for the link. Indeed it should work, provided that HASS is connected to Tuya cloud as well as this motor. It is already something in respect to control, but what about cloud-less (i.e. direct control) solution? That motor also supports 433 RF but it has no back link, hence cannot report the shield status (e.g. opened at 70%).

you need to flash it with tasmota, just like the other example i sent you

Hello,

I own a Sunilus io and a LIGTH VAR io automation for my awning for almost a year now.
I have done the integration with Home Assistant but unfortunately, as you may see below, API does not return any devices at all, meaning that HA does not see any devices as well.

I have sent multiple e-mails to Somfy developer account ([email protected]) asking for a feedback regarding API development but I always get the answer that Awnings and Lights are not supported and there is still no plan for supporting them.

I am pretty confused with Somfy to tell you the truth.
Connexoon Terrace is listed as compatible with “Terrace App – for awning and pergola motorizations and equipment, like outdoor lighting or heating”.

They do advertise in their dev site that connexoon is compatible but they do not support it in their API.
Has anyone any similar experience?

Is there any news for io motors? myLink works only with rts? tahoma or conexxon?

Hi,

Not sure if your use case is similar to mine…

That said, I did manage to re-connect my awning+Somfy-io-motor+Terese-app+connexoon-io-box into home assistant with full feature integration. However I had to configure the tahoma cloud integration into configuration.yaml. There is no devices listed on Somfy integration card but the Somfy/Tahoma integration did reveal a cover entity from my cloud account by witch I can capture state changes and perform other automation tasks. It even has seamless integration into homekit/siri etc.

tahoma:
username: cloud-user-id
password: cloud-pw
exclude: [BridgeHUEComponent, HueLampHUEComponent, PodComponent]

Hi @Mjhansen. Could you provide me with some further details on how you managed to get the Tahoma integration working? I too have an Awning with Somfy IO motor, linked to a Connexoon which in turn is linked to the Connexoon Terrace app.

I think my main question is which account details you’d need to provide in the Tahoma integration (i.e.: cloud-user-id, cloud-pw). I’ve tried this with my Somfy.nl account which was created as part of the process of adding the Connexoon to the Terrace app. This doesn’t seem to work. I see references to tahomalink.com or somfy-connect.com accounts, but I’m unable to create an account, since this requires activating a product/Connexoon, which in my case is already activated.

I hope you can steer me in the right direction here.

OK, never mind. I tried with the newer Tahoma integration (https://github.com/imicknl/ha-tahoma) and this did the job!

Hi. Same herre. Seems the std Tahoma integration broke around July 1, at least for connexoon-io users, but the custom one you are linking too is the I am using now. And the guys behind offers awesome support. They just did a great job adding support for my terrace heater, in just 2 days.

1 Like

Ive got a few Somfy Glydea curtains (RTS and currently controlled using RFLink). Is there any way i can set position of my curtains through HA? Will my RTS blinds work with Tahoma or Coonexis hub and if so, which version of Coonexis i should buy?

Hi, if your Curtain motor is compatible it should work on the Tahoma and the Connexoon RTS. You can use set_cover_position within HA. RTS does not have 2-way communication so it will run in optimistic mode. Just like your RFlink does.

1 Like

You can also try with a custom component, there is some of them to simulate the cover position, for example:

Thanks for the replies. So there’s no way to upgrade Glydea with a 2-way communication?