In development: LG SmartThinQ component

so which fork is the best to use for the LG air conditioner? There are so many that I’m confused about which to use, i’m still on the original one, is there any feature or stability advantage of moving?

I haven’t been able to follow every detail, but I am still using my (original) code and it’s working great for me. If anyone has fixes or updates to the original AC functionality, I would love to merge them back into the main repo.

1 Like

thanks for the component, for the most part it works great however I saw some screenshots above that have more functionality.

I still think HA has a way to go handling AC units as opposed to the thermostat like controls it has, i’d be keen to see how you all are managing this on the frontend, i’m using the climate card however it doesn’t work very well, it seems that the HA devs dont understand there is an on/off state to air conditioning units

Hi @sharkpunch,
Did you have any luck getting the LG SmartThinQ component to work?
I’m from Aus too - I did the COUNTRY and LANGUAGE update as specified by @Aephir, but when I go to the URL and then log in, the next page I get says “Page not found error”

Check the link, you are redirected to. The link should contain both tokens needded.

For me - the script found the washer, but still Hassio shows unknown on all sensors :frowning:

2019-01-17 17:40:17 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform smartthinq_washer not ready yet. Retrying in 90 seconds.
2019-01-17 17:38:47 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Could not render template Pre state, the state is unknown. 
2019-01-17 17:38:47 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Could not render template Steam mode, the state is unknown.

Are there any plans on this becoming an official component? Seems like the API is available upon registration. I wrote a request for this component few days ago and now just stumbled upon this page. Is this currently a working component, even with fridges? I’m planning on buying more LG related SmartThinkQ products to the home. Would love to see it work seamlessly with Hass.io.

1 Like

Which repo would you guys recommend to use for a US washer and dryer?

1 Like

Can this work when using HomeAssistant in a Docker ?

@wkd8176 do you think it would be possible to add to the op mode “off” so it displays off when using HomeKit.
ATM if the ac is on HomeKit displays the current mode that makes the unit show as on. I know the api returns the running op mode even if the unit is off.
Some ha platforms don’t have on/off switch just the mode for state.

It would be…
Mine is work on/off and temp change on HA native bridged homekit and nothing changed my repo

I corrected that. If ac is off, hk displays the state as on, as it takes from the op mode

You’re right I was using the old ha homebridge plug-in. Using ha directly works as expected.

Can this be used with HassOS? Is there an addon for it?

I don’t know. I don’t use hassos

It’s working for me with Hass.io and HassOS, the main problem was to create the custom component and add the wineq dependency but I was able to do it with the “Custom deps deployment” add-on

I think I’ve got everything setup properly but how do I get the token? That’s the only thing I can’t figure out.

Follow the instructions in GitHub - sampsyo/hass-smartthinq: Home Assistant component for LG SmartThinQ HVAC devices
You need to run the python script to get the token. However, if you are not in the US, like it was my case, before running the script change the country in wideq.py

How do I run the python script with just HassOS installed though? I didn’t use docker or anything I just installed HassOS directly to my nuc.

That’s locally, on your computer. It’s just to get the token, you don’t need to run it in your HA installation. You need the token for the configuration.yaml

how i can use it in hass.io ?

Unable to install package wideq: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement wideq (from
versions: )
No matching distribution found for wideq
You are using pip version 19.0.2, however version 19.0.3 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.