Incorrect Time Stamp in System Log

That’s great, so as long as you don’t completely remove the Supervisor container, it should persist forever then. Be nice if this could get properly fixed though. Considering that all the other logs that show a date/time stamp show in local time, can’t imagine the supervisor logs is supposed to be the oddball one. Also, /etc/localtime did not exist for me at all, and if it was intended to be in UTC, shouldn’t that file be set for UTC?

No, without /etc/localtime, Linux defaults to UTC.

This issue start for me since ver 117.
I copied the zoneinfo file to /etc/localtime, but after restarting it disapeared and the log stay on UTC.

I’m now on the new HA Blue ODROID device. Initialized the installed HA image, restored my backup and everything is fine including time so I’m not sure how I can help you figure it out…

I made a userscript to display Supervisor logs in local time rather than the weird UTC format (2 digit year) that it currently displays in the browser. I have tested it in Firefox with the Tampermonkey extension. You can use similar extensions on your preferred browser.

The userscript assumes that your Supervisor log’s URL is http://homeassistant.local:8123/hassio/system (line 7). You can change this value or add another // @match entry with the correct URL for your environment. Feel free to make any other modifications to the script to display the time in your preferred format. The Intl.DateTimeFormat documentation shows the possible values you can use.

I wanted to create a patch for the Home Assistant Frontend to do this automatically, but setting up the developer environment to show the Supervisor became a stumbling block.