Increasing Poll Frequency of Panasonic Bluray component

Have managed to get the Panasonic Bluray integration working with my UB820 and it’s working nicely for getting the current status of the player. I don’t have any interest in controlling the player, i just simply want to dim the lights when i press play and then bring them back up again when i pause the film.

With that in mind i would like to edit the python code to update every 5 seconds instead of the default 30, however have no clue about how to do this.

Should i be copying the files into a directory in custom_components and then editing it there to make my own component, or is there more to it?

I’m a little unsure on how to go about doing this change as it’s the first time i’ve dug into the code of a component to see what it’s doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello George. May I ask you how you did success to manage UB820 intergration? I tried using the Panasonic Blu-Ray Player Integration, but with no success …

Apologies for the delay in responding, it’s been a busy week at work.

The 2 main steps i needed to do for it to work were:

1. move the bluray player into my DMZ so it was on the same subnet. Even though the rules between HA and the device are identical it didn’t seem to like being in a different ip range or subnet.
  2. on the player go into the menu and under network settings there is an area for voice control. This needs to be turned on.

After doing those items the media player then shows up fine. it works brilliantly for getting the state of the player, only it updates every 30 seconds, which is a bit long for my liking.

1 Like

Wow! Days searching and this made the trick! Thanks for sharing! Who the hell called this “Voice Control”?