Inject node on startup?

Hi everyone! I’m trying to make a node that is triggered every time Node-RED in Home Assistant is restarted (or also when the add-on is restarted, or if the VM is restarted).
I can’t remember where I read that the Inject node would do this if “Inject once after” is enabled (I set it to 10 seconds), but I tried rebooting many times, and the only time this node seems to trigger is when the add-on is restarted.
When rebooting from the Developer panel or from the VM (I’m running on VirtualBox, rebooting the VM itself) it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Any ideas? What can I do to have a node that sends a message every time I reboot the machine?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

Might be a solution here:

2 Likes

I’d been using the inject node too after reading a similar thing and after just testing it triggering an ios notification I see it only works when redeploying that flow, or restarting the add on. I did notice with too short a duration it would fail because a service wasnt ready, but it isn’t firing even after setting it up to 60 seconds on a home assistant restart. I always thought it was working. Going to try this out also.

Edit, solution in the link for HA services available works well for me. Redeploy, restart addon, restart HA all trigger correctly.

1 Like