Inkbird IBS-M1 with IBS-P01

I had the same issue.

I sort of solved it by turning off recorder for the battery and temperature sensors.

recorder:
  exclude:
    entities:
      - sensor.pool_thermometer_battery
      - sensor.pool_temperature

and instead made some time-based sensors that record the sensor values every minute.

- trigger:
    - platform: time_pattern
      minutes: "/1"
    sensor:
    - name: "pool temp time-based"
      unit_of_measurement: °C
      device_class: temperature
      state_class: measurement
      state: >
        {{ states('sensor.pool_temperature') | float  }}

While that has solved the amount of data being recorded due to slight fluctuations in sensor values issue, it has caused another where sometimes it records a 0 instead.

I then get around that by using max in the long term statistics.

I wouldn’t call that a solve, but it’s where I got to with it

As for battery life, I am polling the base station rather than direct to the battery powered sensor so I assume polling rate should have no impact on battery.

I did also find this feature of localtuya but have not used it yet.

https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya#energy-monitoring-values

Setting the scan interval is optional, only needed if energy/power values are not updating frequently enough by default. Values less than 10 seconds may cause stability issues.

I also noticed there was a big update to localtuya only 2 days ago.

Big release!
Introduced a mechanism to force the update of power consumption data, with an optional scan_interval parameter.

See https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya/releases/tag/v3.3.0

I might give this example a try, however currently my localtuya is configured via gui instead and I’m not sure it’s worth my time to try yet.

localtuya:
  - host: 192.168.1.x
    device_id: xxxxx
    local_key: xxxxx
    friendly_name: Tuya Device
    protocol_version: "3.3"
    scan_interval: # optional, only needed if energy monitoring values are not updating
      seconds: 60 # Values less than 10 seconds may cause stability issues

Super helpful, thank you!

Hi,
i use the M1 in combination with ITH-20R sensors. When i connect them with tuya i can see temperatures and stuff in the app. But in Tuya.iot.platform i cant get these informations out (which are necessary for tuya local as i understand it). They are shown in device log in the debugging section, but not in HA or somewhere else. It shows the M1 as Device category qt (which i found out should be a dummy value). So there are no standard instruction sets to read temp/hum/battery values.
Can someone help me with this?

The IBS-M1 reports data back to tuya as well.
I can view this information in device debugging

Hi @LPB23,

The only information you need from iot.tuya.com is the local key that belongs to the device ID.

See this post

Then all you need to do is go to LocalTuya and add a new device using the Device ID, local IP address, and Local Key

I have IBS-P01 & IBS-M1S, not sure if the S is important in the M1S, but maybe.

I can link with tuya and local tuya, but haven’t been able to extract any values, the device only shows ID 110 and ID 111, neither of which are temperature.

When I pair with Inkbird App I get useful information, when I pair with tuya app, it pairs successfully but doesn’t present any useful informtion, So I suspect it is the tuya end and nothing in HA.

Any ideas:

{
  "result": {
    "active_time": 1644627542,
    "category": "wsdcg",
    "category_name": "Temperature and Humidity Sensor",
    "create_time": 1644581098,
    "gateway_id": "",
    "icon": "smart/icon/ay15157410971057cPZi/aa22563626b22a1a4e1c7254bfe2605d.png",
    "id": "12000140e8db84ba4f78",
    "ip": "124.149.143.47",
    "lat": "-26.4177",
    "local_key": "XXXXXXX",
    "lon": "153.0769",
    "model": "IBS-M1S",
    "name": "IBS-M1S",
    "online": true,
    "owner_id": "29318876",
    "product_id": "o1u2i06kq4tdu4ld",
    "product_name": "IBS-M1S",
    "sub": false,
    "time_zone": "+10:00",
    "update_time": 1644627548,
    "uuid": "12000140e8db84ba4f78"
  },
  "success": true,
  "t": 1645320981152,
  "tid": "81b8407891ed11ecb8e22a27aece2d4d"
}

I have not heard of an m1s before.
This is what I see in the tuya app.

Hmm, quite different for me:

I noticed this statement

• Sensor: Support Tuya sensors, include
    wsdcg, # Temperature and Humidity Sensor

At Tuya Official Home Assistant Integration on Github now! - #8 by Oleok

I then saw this issue

This article might be relevant too

Thanks for the pointers.

It looks like an upstream (tuya) issue, which I don’t hold out much hope for…

Looks like there is a difference between generation one two for the IBS-M1 and I have generation two, which doesn’t seem compatible with HA at present as it isn’t recognised by tuya IOT platform.

1 Like

This is what I have too? Was this correct?

Just received my ibs-m1s yesterday and ran into the same issues as you. Didn’t realize the m1s (m1 second generation) wasn’t compatible with Tuya. It only works with the inkbird app for now. Wish I knew this before I bought it.

1 Like

Same, although have a look at the Bluetooth BLE integration in HACS, I haven’t tried but it looks like it may work without the MBS.

Passive BLE Monitor integration

1 Like

Mine looks like this a well when i add it to the tuya app?

Mine doesn’t look like this? its all Chinese?? Thoughts

Were you ever able to get this to work? Mine also comes up in Chinese so I assume I have the same issue

Did you ever get a resolution to the IBS-M1 connecting to the Tuya app in Chinese?

i havent retried to be honest