Inkbird IBS-M1 with IBS-P01

Did you ever get a resolution to the IBS-M1 connecting to the Tuya app in Chinese?

i havent retried to be honest

It’s a bit of a struggle for sure. I think that my M1S has linked to my pool sensor - because I get alerts on my phone that the temperature is out of range - but my Chinese is pretty weak :slight_smile: so I really don’t know beyond that. In HA, Tuya shows the M1 (I have several other devices connected to Tuya) - but it says there are no entities on the M1 - so HA isn’t seeing the thermometer. Sigh…

Hi - Did you ever resolve the M1 showing up in Chinese? I’ve got the same issue and am struggling with the direction to go here! Thx.

One more here to the “mine looks Chinese” crew. Has anyone solved this yet?

I wish my Python skills were good enough to create an integration directly via Inkbird (instead of Tuya / Smart Life).

I haven’t been able to get the new Bluetooth integration working with my dongle, but I suspect that maybe the alternative way of integrating, still looking for someone who has done it that way.

Passive BLE Monitor integration (Xiaomi Mijia BLE MiBeacon monitor)

I want to buy the Inkbird IBS-P02R (not bleutooth version). Is this possible to connect this sensor directly to Home Assistant or do I need a hub? Is this to connect through the Local Tuya in HACS?

Thank you.

Does this inkbird temperture senor could work with a RFXCOM?

I have this same issue, its english using the InkBird app, but that doesnt integrate with HA. Have it installed via local Tuya but the app is in Chinese so its a circle of getting nowhere.

I eventually gave up and returned the device. Went with Yolink where the HA integration is very solid. They don’t have the same range of temperature sensors as inkbird - but they do have an outdoor temp sensor with a probe that I put in my spa. Used white gorilla outdoor waterproof tape to hold the probe line in place.

I am in the same boat as many of you here with IBS-M1 version2 (blue INKBIRD text on the front) which is not working in any of two Tuya apps (on Android). Chinese text. Anyhow I connected it to the HASS according to the instructions but the value I get in HASS is 0. Really disappointed.

The actual error in the log is the following:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 1027, in _read_ready
    self._protocol.datagram_received(data, addr)
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/discovery.py", line 70, in datagram_received
    self.device_found(decoded)
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/discovery.py", line 79, in device_found
    self._callback(device)
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/__init__.py", line 142, in _device_discovered
    device = hass.data[DOMAIN][TUYA_DEVICES][device_id]
KeyError: 'bf9be55b_REMOVED_8i'

I wonder if there is some other doungle/device that can received the signal from IBS-P01 that works with HASS?

There might be some hope. Just found this thread with the links to the RTL_433 readers. If that works then it is just a matter of getting things into HA.

https://groups.google.com/g/rtl_433/c/oeExmwoBI0w?pli=1

1 Like

It works!!! and you skip all hassle with Tuya.

I hooked up my RTL-SDR dongle.
Installed these 2 addons. Minimal config was required. Added this to the end of config/rtl_433/rtl_433.conf.template so that the radio is not being “spammed” by other devices transmitting on the same frequency

protocol 194 # Inkbird ITH-20R temperature humidity sensor

I was up and running in under 20 min. I can have the data in HA. Themerature from Pool sensor is reported correctly but humidity shows 130% which is probably due to the fact that it does not have any humidity sensor.

Addons

Other sources to read

https://groups.google.com/g/rtl_433/c/oeExmwoBI0w?pli=1

https://wiki.jmehan.com/display/KNOW/Reverse+Engineering+the+Inkbird

1 Like

I am having the same issue with the new IBS-M2 Wifi Gateway. I opened a ticket with Tuya about this and the response was:

hi there

1. we check the device and find that there is no device status (temperature)report from the device side
  2. there is no humidity data point defined by the manufacturer
    above all , we suggest you contact the manufacturer to know the detailed information

After further conversation they essentially explained that they can’t parse the data coming from the Inkbird gateway.

So I contact Inkbird and this was their response:

Hello,
Sorry, IBS-M2 only supports Inkbird App, which does not support the TUYA APP. Tuya app is not our app.
Cassie

The person in Tuya was helpful by showing me a way to query the device by using curl for the raw data. You need a Tuya IoT account (follow instructions on the page of the local tuya integration) and then you need to change the device from “standard instruction” to “DP instruction” (cloud → development → your project’s name → devices, find the device under “View Devices by Product” and click on “Change Control Instruction Mode”). Then note the Device ID and go to Cloud → API Explorer → Smart Home Device System → Device Management → Get device details. Put the Device ID and it will give you the curl command and the results. It is probably possible to do a curl sensor in HA and retrieve the data. The problem is that the data from the device is transformed and I can’t figure out the system they use (i.e. 22.1 degrees is "dw"m 23.0 is “eY”).

In any Case, I am following bortek’s advise and have ordered a RTL-SDR dongle. Then I don’t need the IBS-M2. Thanks.

1 Like

I can also confirm that this works. I actually had a bunch of Ambient Weather and Acurite temperature sensors that were also picked up by this. I can now have local integration with all of those temperature sensors.

Thanks @bortek ! I had a RTL-SDL dongle lying around and didn’t realize I could use it with Home Assistant.

Here is the URL to the repository you need to add: https://github.com/pbkhrv/rtl_433-hass-addons

Any RTL-SDL USB Dongle should work. I’m personally using this one

4 Likes

Thanks for reporting back guys. I’m glad that it helped. :+1:

1 Like

Got my RTL-SDR dongle, installed both plugins and all is working well. As a bonus I am getting data from the neighbor’s weather station. Thanks bortek.

2 Likes

It seems like we should be able to get a Sonoff RF Bridge to receive data from the IBS-P01R. I ask primarily because I don’t have a RTL-SDR dongle but I do have the bridge. I’ve collected raw data which I believe is from the IBS-P01R (shown below) but I have yet to sort out how to interpret it properly.

03:24:18.444 MQT: tele/SonosRFbridge/RESULT = {"Time":"2023-02-06T03:24:18","RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 01F4 00C8 0172 280919 55"}}
03:25:23.064 MQT: tele/SonosRFbridge/RESULT = {"Time":"2023-02-06T03:25:23","RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 00AA 0064 017C A08180 55"}}
03:25:28.439 MQT: tele/SonosRFbridge/RESULT = {"Time":"2023-02-06T03:25:28","RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 006E 00FA 0320 281908 55"}}
03:27:25.403 MQT: tele/SonosRFbridge/RESULT = {"Time":"2023-02-06T03:27:25","RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 00DC 01C2 01A4 A08090 55"}}
03:28:50.424 MQT: tele/SonosRFbridge/RESULT = {"Time":"2023-02-06T03:28:50","RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 006E 00B4 0190 A08181 55"}}
03:29:02.548 MQT: tele/SonosRFbridge/RESULT = {"Time":"2023-02-06T03:29:02","RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 0154 00C8 01C2 281809 55"}}

The Inkbird app loads my M1 and IBS-P01 no problem, but I can’t link that app to the IoT platform. I’ve tried loading them both the Tuya app and the Smart Life but whenever I do, everything loads in Chinese and I can’t make sense of any of it. How can I connect the M1 to Smart Life in English, in order to get it into the IoT platform?

Hi,
Do you know if the same can be achieved using RFXtrx433XL?

Thanks