iNovelli switch on Hassio

I just installed a new iNovelli dimmer switch. I was able to pair the switch with my Aeotec Z-wave Z-Stick and can control it through Home-Assistant. The device shows up in Home Assistant as “Unknown type (Inovelli Unknown: type=1f01, id=1f01)”. I would like to change a few of the parameters but I am unable to update my openzwave config to recognize the device.

I have tried to run the zwave.update_config service. I do see new files show up under the python_openzwave directory with the correct xml files for my device. However, These configs never make it to my zwcfg…xml file. I have tried to restart my Hassio and all of the files added during the zwave.update_config process are removed.

I am running Hassio 0.72.1 on Docker on an Intel NUC. It appears the docker container image is using the older verion of the python_openzwave libraries.

Does anyone know how to update the python_openzwave libraries under Hassio?

I’d love a solution to this as well, I think it’ll help with my Zooz switch if it can update the xml from openzwave. On the github page there are some new lines of code that don’t appear in HA.

I did find a work around. I did a git clone of the OpenZWave library and placed it in a directory that Hassio can access.

1. sudo mkdir /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/zwave-config
  2. sudo cd /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/zwave-config
  3. sudo git clone the openZWave Library
    git clone https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave.git
  4. sudo chown -R root:root /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/
  5. modify the Home Assistant Configuration yaml file:
    zwave:
    usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
    config_path: /zwave-config/open-zwave/config
  6. Remove node and Add node