Instable Zigbeemqtt

Help, i get message like this for all my devices.
Sometimes for seconds sometimes hours. it switches allmost evry 10 seconds.
Allso when fieldstrength is 255.
What means this?

Hi Ernst, does this also mean that your zigbee network is unstable, so devices don’t respond?
Are you running Z2M for a longer time, was it working well and is this issue something that pop ups recently?

EDIT: this is a useful topic about zigbee2mqtt → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimize using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get a stable mesh network with best possible range and coverage

I think I had the same problem where the signal gets weaker the further it goes. Try buying extenders like this:

Tuya ZigBee Signal Repeater, Extender Amplifier, USB Plug, Expand Range 20-30m, Smart Home Devices, Tuya ZigBee Gateway Needed - AliExpress 44

Good advice, but these are known to blackhole non-tuya devices if the network gets busy. Better buy https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005241942142.html

1 Like

Do not buy that one. FYI, that specific Tuya repeater product (Tuya SKU: “RP280” / Zigbee ID: “TS0207”) is infamously known to have have buggy firmware and is not recommend as it does not forward all messages from non-Tuya devices. Instead see recommendations here:

This is a long time i have done the following buy new conbee 2 cordinator and set up network new. i buy new nuc pc and setup new. Till about 15 devices it seems to work but at my 70 devices they are messed up. Then the device does not respond message like unable to ping device and some time later it works again and has another divice problems
I use now extention cable for cordinator 3 meter from all devices and switched allready from usb 3 to usb 2 i use z2m

the biggest distance between devices is less then 5 meters it happens even with devices tha are less then one meter in betweem

What devices do you have and how many are end points? (Battery powered)

About 20 plugs 30 lights and 20 battery powerd sencors like door an pir sensor.
For example in one small room are two plugs one lamp one battery operated door sencor and only the light has problems they are all on about 2 square meters the light is 30 cm of the plug and has this problems. at that,s the case in every room.
I tried allmost everything in the last year.